Left 4 Dead - Counter-Strike with zombies - Wooooohoooo (UK Release: 21 Nov 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the back drop of the game's story isn't original, I will keep an eye on this. Reminds me of resident evil, silent hill, which were excellent games. Filling zombies with lead never gets old :)

Yep. Some survival horror games have been brilliant over the years. Hopefully this one will get the atmosphere spot on which can make a massive difference to the experience.

Yeah definately, thats what makes this genre work, the atmosphere, Silent Hill was probably the scariest game I played. I don't mean like scary that i had nightmares :) but like it really sucked me right in, felt scared for my character, empathy. The film werent half bad either :)

Quite keen on this idea of forcing cooperative playing. Other co-op games arent really co-op in the true sense. Like doing a terrorist hunt with friends in Rainbow 6, you could easily be left behind and the other 3 players can finish the challenge. Would be great if each character in this game had unique qualities that bring different values to the game, so you really can't leave anyone behind because you might need them!

Left 4 Dead took the same idea from Zombie Panic, which is a Half-Life mod.

Yeah definately, thats what makes this genre work, the atmosphere, Silent Hill was probably the scariest game I played. I don't mean like scary that i had nightmares :) but like it really sucked me right in, felt scared for my character, empathy. The film werent half bad either :)

We just watched the Silent Hill movie last weekend, it wasn't bad, not even close to the scares of playing the original game on my own at 2am in the dark:rolleyes: Certainly alot better movie than the Resident Evil efforts:nono:

Yep, the more horror games the better as long as they're more than half decent! Speaking of zombies when's somebody going to confirm or deny the co-op Dead Rising update? I'm(no pun intended)dying to find out!

Yeah definately, thats what makes this genre work, the atmosphere, Silent Hill was probably the scariest game I played. I don't mean like scary that i had nightmares :)
Scariest game I played was Project Zero 3 on the PS2 - flippin' horrible game! Lent it to a mate of mine and he had to sleep with the lights on! I never got more than an hour or so into it as it was just too much man! Eeeeevil game! :devil:

Preview 1up show all i`ll say is it looks class.

Looks brilliant. After watching the 1UP Show preview it has shot up towards the top of my list. Is there an ETA?

Looks awsome, the footage on the 1up show is great

Scariest game I played was Project Zero 3 on the PS2 - flippin' horrible game! Lent it to a mate of mine and he had to sleep with the lights on! I never got more than an hour or so into it as it was just too much man! Eeeeevil game! :devil:

Hmm, i do not know of this game...willl google it and see what comes up. Was it really that intense? Sleep with the lights on...:rotfl:

i like the gamevideos video,when they talked about joining the undead,swapping teams so to speak,but then theres no identifying marks or labels,on the player,so the survivors dont know which zombie is the human player..sounds and looks great.

YES!

Another game to live out my zombie apocolypse fantasies!

Couldn't find one elsewhere. Sorry if I missed it.

First full preview (PC version):

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1

Check the 1UP video linked on the same page.

This is right up there with Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3, GTA IV, Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Pro Evo 7, Mass Effect... Jeez, so many games!

(I'd paste it but it's a huge preview -- 21 pages huge.)

Left4Dead is due to be released "Summer 2007" on the PC and "Winter 2007" on the 360. :)

After seeing this one on a recent 1UpShow video download, I am all over this when it comes to 360. 4 survivors, lots of zombies. Can we work together and survive? Co-op games always get my vote, but to be able to play as a zombie too, as I recall, so the survivors are never sure who's human controlled or AI controllers, that sounds delicious.

Just really seen this game for the first time and it's made it to near the top of my most wanted list straight away. Really interested in the co-op angle and it sounds hard as nails. I love the idea of the 'director' choosing as and when to spawn zombies as some games can become a bit of a duck hunt when you know exactly when and where enemies are going to come from. It'll certainly keep things interesting.

Roll on winter 2007!

Looks great.

May get it on PC though as it's out first, depends on price.

I too am looking forward to this although it seems to be maintaining a very low profile somehow.

This game looks fun can't wait to play this.
Whats not to love zombies guns and mayhem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom