Left 4 Dead 2

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this on pre-order? I bagged my pre-order last week. :)

Steam are offering 10% off and a chance to download the demo early if you pre-order with them. :)

In addition to that, you'll earn early access to the demo, which Valve says is currently slated for an October 27 release. That's three weeks of demo time to sink your teeth into before the game releases on November 17, at which point you'll get your hands on the final pre-order perk: an exclusive in-game American baseball bat. (No word on whether that comes with a batch of HGH so you can really swing the bat like a pro.)

Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Pre-Order Now Available, Bonuses Detailed

Never even played the first one and have tons to play at the moment, may catch up and play the old one sometime.
Heard it was a cracker that game.

Left 4 Dead is a great coop game. You would probably be better off going for number 2 instead of the first one as this game really needs coop to shine and most people have probably played the first one to death. :)

They are still going to support the first one so it won't really matter. I would say more people will still play the first one because they already have it and are playing it now. However those who like the first one will also get the second one to have best of both worlds. I loved the first one but very short and boring after a few play through. Like you said it's all about the co-op. Fun arcade game but I won't be getting number 2.

I watched a few youtube vids, never played the first one but thought I'd pre-order this one.

What with a million Xbox 360 games, new ps3 games and mw2 on the pc.. i don't know when i'll play them all :)

What with a million Xbox 360 games, new ps3 games and mw2 on the pc.. i don't know when i'll play them all :)

Good to see you got mw for the pc :thumbsup: now do yourself a favour and continue your smart moves and get the pc version of l4d!!!

I havnt pre ordered yet as im tight on the old dosh this month but it may well be a release day game for me.

oh - game have l4d for £15 instore (steam activasion key).

I love left 4 dead but so far seem totally underwhelmed at the footage etc ive seen of the sequel.

Originally was a release day purchase for me but now ill wait til xmas or maybe earlier next year.

Im more looking forward to Modern Warfare 2, pes10 and FM2010 on the pc.

Plus Uncharted 2 this week on PS3 so plenty to keep me occupied!

t so far seem totally underwhelmed

if they put as much effort into it as they did that last map for l4d then they will destine to fail. I still think it will be more of the same but with new weaps. As the game was so short this may actually be a good think.

More of an add on than a full game imo.

if they put as much effort into it as they did that last map for l4d then they will destine to fail. I still think it will be more of the same but with new weaps. As the game was so short this may actually be a good think.

More of an add on than a full game imo.

Agreed , the game should be £10 . taking smeg imop .

I bought the first one last year and never really got around to spending any time on it. Not sure I want to do the same with the sequel.

Probably wait till there's a deal on it ... although I should probably put some time into the one I have :)

I might have to pre-order this. Looks like more weapons available which was the thing I didn't like about the first one.

I might have to pre-order this. Looks like more weapons available which was the thing I didn't like about the first one.

Nice one, thats at least one other person to play coop with. :smashin:

Nice one, thats at least one other person to play coop with. :smashin:

I'll be grabbing myself a copy of this so I don't mind joining up with you guys for some co-op fun.

Now we just need 1 more player to complete the 4 man team :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nam will crack if the rest of us are :smashin:

I'll be grabbing myself a copy of this so I don't mind joining up with you guys for some co-op fun.

Now we just need 1 more player to complete the 4 man team :thumbsup::thumbsup:

More than welcome mate. :smashin:

Nam will crack if the rest of us are :smashin:

I reckon nam will get it, he likes the first one and we have played coop on that a fair few times. :)

whilst i do love the 1st one, i'm not sure "number 2" is worth the price of a full game. I will wait and see what the demo's/reviews bring becuase i did love the first one when playing 4player co-op etc:thumbsup:

Thats how I felt about the first l4d ie it was overpriced for what it was.

A friend bought it for me on the 360 (shudder :D) and to my surprise I loved it. L4D is a simple game but its so much fun in coop that I bought it for the pc.

Is L4D overpriced for the visual tech and engine used, Yes. Is it over priced for the amount of fun I had with it, No. :)

Thats how I felt about the first l4d ie it was overpriced for what it was.

A friend bought it for me on the 360 (shudder :D) and to my surprise I loved it. L4D is a simple game but its so much fun in coop that I bought it for the pc.

Is L4D overpriced for the visual tech and engine used, Yes. Is it over priced for the amount of fun I had with it, No. :)

Yeh id agree with that. Its one of the best, if not the best coop game ive ever played. It really does punish you for being selfish and trying to go alone.

Ive had many hours of fun on it, in fact too many hours hence the reason its gone a bit stale for me.

L4D2 will no doubt be good but so far its not as appealing to me anymore.

will only be getting is split screen is active like the first... if yes, a def purchase

As a big Zombie movie fan, I really looked forward to L4D, I was bitterly disapointed by what I got for my money.

L4D was a mod, a good mod but just a mod.

My main problems with L4D was the lack of a real single player game, very limited weapons and only 2 VS mode chapters on release.

Who in their right mind makes a zombie game without a chainsaw or melee weapons?

I felt like I only got half a product and not the full game.

Compare it to something like COD: Modern Warfare, Amazing single player game and great multiplayer.

I will definatly not be rushing to buy L4D2, I will wait for it to be discounted.

The Forge

This is a mode of a mode .. Question is what mode was it based on. :confused:

Might get this today then.

I see Killing Floor is available free on Steam all weekend if anyone wants any zombie killing action before this comes out.

Might get this today then.

I see Killing Floor is available free on Steam all weekend if anyone wants any zombie killing action before this comes out.

Tell me how it is mate .. and going to try Killing floor ..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom