Left 4 Dead 2 (UK Release: 20 Nov 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidgloves

Novice Member
Should be L4D2

Release Date Nov17

Superb news.
The possibilities of what this could be are endless. I'd suspect there's some sort of merging of the 2 games, maybe 8 players in a party experiencing it from 2 teams perspective.
I can't believe that Valve are going for a quick cash in sequel. It's not their style.

Edit:

Heres the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpzeK_YpGI

Last edited:

CRZombie

Novice Member
I don't remember it that well, my heads being blown up with all the announcements, but was it TF2 style graphics?

either way... realllllly looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Andy58

"More emphasis on melee combat. Battle off zombie hordes with a frying pan, baseball bat or errr chainsaw"

Can't wait for this.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Being a massive L4D fan... FANTASTIC!! but....

...does that mean we're never going to receive any new content for L4D(new campains etc.):( Been so eagerly awaiting some(or at least a) new campain/s and was going to be the first dlc I'd been keen to splash out points on. There should be loads of life(no pun intended) left in L4D yet, would seem a shame not to have at least a couple new dlc packs.

kidgloves

Novice Member

...does that mean we're never going to receive any new content for L4D(new campains etc.):( Been so eagerly awaiting some(or at least a) new campain/s and was going to be the first dlc I'd been keen to splash out points on.
Im blown away but what ive just read & heard. Follow my links above.

VALVE have done it again
:arty::arty::arty:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Im blown away but what ive just read & heard. Follow my links above.
Just been reading the IGN preview, even happier now after readin this..

And despite the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 is a reality, Chet said that the company isn't abandoning the first game and that it has plans to support it in the future with new updates, like four-versus-four matchmaking.
Best of both worlds then, new dlc on the way, and a superb sounding sequel:clap:

kidgloves

Novice Member
Good god. :eek: the AI director will be monitoring & adjusting the environment as you play:eek:

luKasledge

"More emphasis on melee combat. Battle off zombie hordes with a frying pan, baseball bat or errr chainsaw"

Can't wait for this.
Stealing Dead Rising's idea.

I don't know what Left 4 Dead has to do differently to warrant a sequel and pay up to £40 for. New levels, tweek a few things, Left 4 Dead will probably keep you just as happy though, almost an 'either or' kind of thing.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Whilst I am glad to have more left for dead, Im pretty peed off that that they are doing a sequel so soon. It seems like they were working on some extra DLC for the first one and decided to make it into a full blown sequel instead :thumbsdow

Last edited:

Crovon

Distinguished Member

...does that mean we're never going to receive any new content for L4D(new campains etc.):( Been so eagerly awaiting some(or at least a) new campain/s and was going to be the first dlc I'd been keen to splash out points on. There should be loads of life(no pun intended) left in L4D yet, would seem a shame not to have at least a couple new dlc packs.
This is what I posted on the preview thread:

Whilst I am glad to have more left for dead, Im pretty peed off that that they are doing a sequel so soon. It seems like they were working on some extra DLC for the first one and decided to make it into a full blown sequel instead :thumbsdow
It does look bloody brilliant, and I will get it on release, but just some updates for the first game isnt what I want. I am positive that they just decided to make the DLC into a whole new game instead - chainsaws, new survivors and special infected were all rumoured to be in a future DLC campaign for L4D.

So I am stoked and annoyed at the same time. :clap: :mad: :rolleyes: :nono: :suicide:

Last edited:

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
Sounds like they have put a lot of thought into this. The charger and multi-staged Crescendo events should really mix things up!

I'm unbelieveably happy they've mentioned 4 vs 4 matchmaking! :clap::clap::clap:

Le RipPeR

Novice Member
Stealing Dead Rising's idea.

I don't know what Left 4 Dead has to do differently to warrant a sequel and pay up to £40 for. New levels, tweek a few things, Left 4 Dead will probably keep you just as happy though, almost an 'either or' kind of thing.

The thing is though, it is one of the only games where i would happily pay £40 even for a few new levels etc. its just that good!

Put it this way, it sounds about a million times more appealing than this ridiculous cash in on Halo. After announcing another game (Reach i think) i just can't believe how boring and uninventive they are being.Just milking the cash cow.

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
It smells a little of DLC but there is a lot there so maybe Valve can be forgiven. DLC alienates all those who play Xbox 360 but don't have it connected up to the net (there are probably still quite a few out there). A new retail release gives us another 1500 points worth of achievements and L4D's achievements are a lot of fun!

Would be nice if the original L4D is included which would mean we'd get a couple quid trade in on the original and no need to swap disks when considering an original or sequal campaign. Could also mean Valve could throw in some of the PC user community's best works :thumbsup:

I'm loving L4D's rank free nature although I'm really hoping for some (unranked) matchmaking soon, teams of 4 should really be able to find each other. I love the stats shown at the end of every game but they're over far too quick, I'd like to be able to browse some thorough stats at the end of each game at my leisure. My only other request is for proximty voice, I really want to hear a survivor screaming for the help of his team while I explain to him how good his brains taste!

Last edited:

JonnyConcrete

Novice Member
Talking of stats, I would love to know how many infected I have killed altogether in L4D, it must bit s**t loads by now.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Talking of stats, I would love to know how many infected I have killed altogether in L4D, it must bit s**t loads by now.
There is a stat screen where you can find that info.

jason g

Distinguished Member
go on the main screen, select achievements, scroll down to the achievement for killing over 53000 zomies and it will show u how may u have killed so far, once u get the amount needed it stops on that amount once the achievement unlocks.

jason g

Distinguished Member
This is what I posted on the preview thread:

It does look bloody brilliant, and I will get it on release, but just some updates for the first game isnt what I want. I am positive that they just decided to make the DLC into a whole new game instead - chainsaws, new survivors and special infected were all rumoured to be in a future DLC campaign for L4D.

So I am stoked and annoyed at the same time. :clap: :mad: :rolleyes: :nono: :suicide:
what i want for the first game is an anti-tank cannon. :rotfl:

Billy Goodgun

This looks and sounds amazing. Can't... wait... gonna... explode... :clap:

Dead Rising 2 will have to tide me over in the meantime. That is, if it's released before L4D2!

JonnyConcrete

Novice Member
go on the main screen, select achievements, scroll down to the achievement for killing over 53000 zomies and it will show u how may u have killed so far, once u get the amount needed it stops on that amount once the achievement unlocks.
I'm probably closer to 530,000 than 53,000. :D

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
What I liked about L4D was the pre-rendered intro video really captured what the actual gameplay was like, so I'm expecting the same for this after seeing the E3 trailer.

According to a press release sent out by Valve, melee combat will be fleshed out with new weapons such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, and baseball bat. The A.I. Director will now have the ability to "change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance." The game adds new Survivors, boss zombies, and equipment and is said to have a lot more maps than the first game.
E3 2009: Left 4 Dead 2 Announced, Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published