Leeds PCN Need a little advice please

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi guys need a little advice please.

Background info.

My 4yr old daughter has cancer, we visit the LGI Clarendon wing, ward 79.
She has had the tumour removed and goes to see the doctor every 4months and had MRI'S every 6 months now.

I took her in for her routine MRI, she was starved for the morning went for MRI and we came out at around 1:20 from the hospital. when she came round i gave her a tune sandwich and a packet of wotsits ( what she likes and gives her comfort).

When we got out of the hospital we vomited, we were outside the courts ( loop) so i tried not to panic and parked on cook ridge street. My daughter has a blue badge and is registered disabled.

I tried to park in the disabled zone but there was no room, i could only see the short stay section ( 10 minutes no return). I got out of the car made her safe and comforted her and then looked for a toilet. I asked a few shops but as she was covered in vomit nobody would let us use their toilets. I asked a few passersby but they said they were from out of town and did not know where the public toilets were. My daughter was getting cold and very uncomfortable and i saw the McDonalds and went in to their toilets which were busy but i got to use them.

It took me all in all 20 minutes to get from car and return to car and i saw a parking ticket on the car. My daughters disabled badge was displayed in the correct manner and in the correct way however i was issued a ticket.

I sent a letter the same day via recorded delivery showing proof of my visit to the LGI MRI the letter stated the above and I also took a picture of the disabled bay to show that it was full.

I assumed all was well and they would cancel my ticket but no, I received a half though letter telling me that i should visit " the light"? I don’t know what that is? and that i should not have gone to Mc Donald’s ( I did explain that nobody would let me use their toilet/washroom)

They state that I have 14 days to pay at a reduced rate of £15.

Is this worth perusing, it’s really making me sick.

Krooner

Distinguished Member
The Light is a leisure complex near where you parked. I wouldn't pay this, worst comes to worst they take you to court and not a judge in the land will side with them. Ring them, speak to a senior and make it clear that you're not going to pay and why. I bet you anything they'll drop it. If they carry on tell the local paper the story. they love stuff like that...

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
The Light is a leisure complex near where you parked. I wouldn't pay this, worst comes to worst they take you to court and not a judge in the land will side with them. Ring them, speak to a senior and make it clear that you're not going to pay and why. I bet you anything they'll drop it. If they carry on tell the local paper the story. they love stuff like that...
Agreed.
Any decent person/company in the land would have looked at your letter and told you not to worry about the ticket.

rousetafarian

" " speechless.

I suggest you follow the above advice and tell them where they can stick their reduced fine, in a more poilte way though.

I really cannot comprehend what you and your family are going through, wishing your little girl a speedy recovery,

Chris

Ayub

Distinguished Member

Just rang the moron again, oooh god makes me so mad, asked to speak to a manager "but your appealing it Sir, why do you want to speak to a manager", i replied bacuse i would like to settle this now and avoid making an issue of it. I know sir but you cant sir..Grrrr i put the phone down.

Honest to god, i am amazed. I cant belive some oh :mad: really mad.

Geege

This is just an invoice sent to you for payment by a private company (or was it actually the local council authority?) on the grounds they you entered into some sort of contract with them by parking where you did and that you breached that contract. I'd suggest you contest it and seek advice from other on the fight back forums PePiPoo website. There are whole sub-forums about the legality of PCNs. Good luck.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
This is just an invoice sent to you for payment by a private company (or was it actually the local council authority?) on the grounds they you entered into some sort of contract with them by parking where you did and that you breached that contract. I'd suggest you contest it and seek advice from other on the fight back forums PePiPoo website. There are whole sub-forums about the legality of PCNs. Good luck.

Leeds City council!

SBanga

I feel ashamed. I'd definitely pursue it and I wish you the best of luck :thumbsup:

Kebabhead

Distinguished Member
I assumed all was well and they would cancel my ticket but no, I received a half though letter telling me that i should visit " the light"?

I am surprised at this especially as your were from out of town and would not have known where this is

I bet there were no signs telling you to do this

I would write back stating this

Ian J

Banned
I asked a few shops but as she was covered in vomit nobody would let us use their toilets.

i saw the McDonalds and went in to their toilets which were busy but i got to use them.

Nice to hear McDonalds coming out of this quite well as that doesn't happen very often

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom