1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEDs - Weird Problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Yen, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Yen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Dear All,

I have encountered a strange problem with my PACE 2 box - last night, I noticed that none of my LEDs were lit including the power LED. I power-cycled the box and the box rebooted with ALL of the LEDS lit, and the power LED was showing amber.

I rebooted the box again and tried a forced software update which did not happen - after pressing and holding the backup button on power-up, there was no message indicating a software update. Even without holding the backup button, all LEDs are lit during the reboot and continue to be lit when the box is switched on.

I have also powered down the box for a few hours and on reboot, it starts up but no LEDs work including the power button. If I reboot the box again with say a 30 second delay, then all LEDs are lit????

Very strange, as apart from this, the box is working perfectly.

Any assistance will be much appreciated - this is an upgraded (250GB/fan mate) box which has been working successfully since the upgrade for two months. :)