• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LEDs are bad for your eyes???

rammy66

Standard Member
Hi, I read a couple of posts (mainly American) saying that you can't watch LEDs for long periods of time as your eyes get really tired and in some cases actually hurt! Has anyone else experienced this or know anything about it?

I really love the look of LEDs and am thinking of getting a Samsung but don't want to go blind!

cacbyname

Standard Member
It sounds like the typical scaremongering you get with any "new" technology. Remember how microwave ovens were going to give us all cancer?

I can't see how the image from an LED LCD differs that much from a CCFL backlit LCD so I doubt it's going to make you go blind any more than a certain other activity :D

rammy66

Standard Member
Like I always say, some people are ... well I can't say it.

I agree, some people have just got issues with things moving on. And absolutely now I think about it, it's just LCD with a different backlight.

Thanks guys. These, sane logical arguments have totally put my mind at rest.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom