1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Zeppelin DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by steve1056, Jun 1, 2003.

1. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    On the last track of Disc One (Bring It On Home), has anyone noticed a slight crackling noise coming from the centre speaker in the first few minutes of the song on the DD5.1 track?

It doesn't seem to be there on the DTS or Stereo tracks.

Mine is an R1 version and I'm trying to figure out if it's my equipment or a faulty disc or a fault on the master.

Cheers,

Steve

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,053
    Didn't notice this on the R2

3. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Steve,
    I just checked that track on R1 and no clicking. You might have faulty disk or there is some processing problem.

Phil,
    I do not agree with your review (in review section) about great sound on DTS track. Acceptable is max what I'd give it!

Regards

4. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the input. I have decided to send the discs back. Hopefully a replacement should fix the problem.

Cheers,

Steve

5. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,053
    Fair enough, reviews are only one persons opinion, and to me the dts track on my system was brilliant, in my opinion of course. It was obvious a lot of work had gone into it's producion with some intellegent use of the soundfield. But opinions are for agreeing or disagreeing with.
    Thanks for you comments.:smoke:

6. grafzep

grafzep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    oh dear -

I went to those Earls Court may 75 gigs. Awesome. I'd queued all night for tickets and went all three nights. (the 4th & 5th concerts were added later) was in row 5 for the first night, row 3 for the next two. It was so LOUD - my hearing has never been right since and is now deteriorating fast. (At least I can save money on av gear, nothing over about 7khz!)

they played for hours and everyone had a break during the drum solo, and ironically the stuff that went down best was "acoustic". some of the facts about equipment power consumption (and no doubt drug and groupie consumption) were pretty large.

been too scared to buy this dvd, worried about it being dated and not as good as I remember. bought "song remains same" and was horrified - pure "smell the glove", kept expecting JP to turn his amp to 11, and watching the stage waiting for the miniature stonehenge. horrible.

7. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Don't worry about it being anything like 'Song Remains...'
    I put disc 1 in the other night - 'just to see what it's like' and intending to watch a film; ended up watching the whole Albert Hall gig and all the extras.

The sound was far better than I'd expected (uncomressed PCM track with Pro-logic OFF!). Looking forward to spending an evening with disc 2 soon :)

Well worth getting the 3CD set as well.

8. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just got a replacement R1 copy and the crackling distortion is still there. Tried it on a different set-up and still there, so I think it must be the DD5.1 soundtrack at fault. I think I'll try an R2 version next.