LED vs OLED as a monitor/gaming

elim

hi all

so im on the hunt for a new tv (50 inch max and max budget £1000) to replace my 2014 Sony LED TV

i use my tv mainly as a pc monitor but also for games (ps5) /movies (roughly 10 hours a day use). i am obviously worried about screen burn in using the OLED as a monitor otherwise it would be a clear winner

LG C1 48 inch 4K Smart OLED TV​

SONY BRAVIA XR50X90JU​

Must have hdmi 2.1 for future proof which both the above have

Any help appreciated

Dodgexander

You'll want to aim as high in the guide as you can:

If your choice is limited by size, then there's really not anything with decent HDR apart from OLEDs. I won't recommend Samsung QN90A and QN94A at 50" due to reduced peak brightness and a cut down featutreset compared to other sizes.

elim

You'll want to aim as high in the guide as you can:

If your choice is limited by size, then there's really not anything with decent HDR apart from OLEDs. I won't recommend Samsung QN90A and QN94A at 50" due to reduced peak brightness and a cut down featutreset compared to other sizes.
already had a good read its just whether the burn in would happen as a monitor

i may just pay for the burn in insurance found at retailers and get the C1

Dodgexander

You could opt for burn in insurance and go OLED, there are also measures you can take to reduce it (hide taskbar, screensaver etc) or you could go for one of the cheaper 50" models in the starter HDR section if you're not too bothered about HDR looking its best.

Someone else didn't take my advice and bought the 50" QN94 and has also been happy with it, so don't hesitate to only restrict your choice to TVs in my guide:

Everyone is different, so one person's ideal TV can be different to another.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom