LED Uniformity/Light Suggestions

RipePotatoeMan

Standard Member
Purchased a Sharp 60" LED LC60Le632U and noticed uniformity issues when looking at it without any source of input connected to it (ie. PC, game console, or player) in a dark room.

The uniformity is noticeable in a dark room with the TV ON and WITHOUT a source. When looking at a black screen as seen in the credits of a movie, the uniformity is not seen at all. It is only when you turn off the source connected to the TV, and you let the TV on when the uniformity is noticeable.

I have been reading about this and know that there is nothing you can do these days with these super thin panels. Not sure what to do - keep the unit, get another unit, another brand? The next one may have less uniformity issues or more of it.

I am curious to see whether the degree of non-uniformity as seen in my panel is similar to other have out there? Is this typical, or does this panel have more than it should? Do you also notice something similar, and to what degree on large panel LED/LCD televisions when no source goes to the TV?

Last edited:

Int3rceptor

Im no expert but that looks rather bad to me. Is this how it looks to the naked eye or has the camera made it look worse than it is?

I would get an exchange to be honest.

AlandEi

Novice Member
My LCD/LED set is smaller and a different make, Panasonic TX-L37E30B, I switched it to an AV channel with no feed when I first had it, and no backlight bleed at all on this one.

I think that screen quality with the LCD/LED sets is something of a lottery, good and bad examples.

Alan.

charlie1

Novice Member
The panel casing may be distorted very slightly causing the led light diffuser to be slightly buckled behind the lcd screen, top right of your screen looks likley to be the cause of this.
I would get it replaced without a second thought.

RipePotatoeMan

Standard Member
Yes indeed - this is what it looks like (slightly enhanced for contrast) when looking with the naked eye when NO feed goes through it. My first impression was that it is too evident and a lot of it. The delivery people when brought the case dropped it on its face (the box) from a standing position.

I don't think that would have had any impact. The TV itself is scratch fee, dead-pixel free and everything is cool physically with it. Just the cloudiness is something that is really puzzling for me.

I will then ask the store to have it replaced. When there is a signal feed, it looks perfect, even on a black background. Just when the signal feed is cut when this becomes obvious and visible to the eye.

You suspect warping on the inside may be the cause for this?

Last edited:

avanzato

Interesting, that looks almost exactly like the pattern of bleed on my Sharp LC60LE636E and like yours in real life use you can hardly see it.
Do you have slight shadowing on a full white screen too?

RipePotatoeMan

Standard Member
Interesting - let me have a look at that later today. Will take some pictures and share. I am leaning towards having it replaced because you never know, there could be other potential issues with it down the road?

Noticed that the cloudiness and non-uniformity of lights gets more visible after running the TV for a couple of hours (vs. turning it on for the first time as the panel is still cold).

jitu

Standard Member
Weekend got new sharp 60' with patches like yours but NOT as bad - but
picture quality unaffected. Some bleeding expected on such a large screen.
When you ask to change it, take look at my model sharp different no. ie
LC-60LE636E. Otherwise very happy with mine once followed advice given via different thread on setting up. Look up/ ask on sharp lc-60le636e thread may help - found expert help there myself.

regards

:hiya:

RipePotatoeMan

Standard Member
Hi - sorry for not getting back. I have also replaced mine with another set and this one seems to have the same bleeding patters, but not as noticeable. I do think Sharp needs to improve their QA on the floor. Overall, very happy with the unit. I use this for my daily movie watching, gaming, etc.

Happy with it for the price for sure.

RipePotatoeMan

Standard Member
Weekend got new sharp 60' with patches like yours but NOT as bad - but
picture quality unaffected. Some bleeding expected on such a large screen.
When you ask to change it, take look at my model sharp different no. ie
LC-60LE636E. Otherwise very happy with mine once followed advice given via different thread on setting up. Look up/ ask on sharp lc-60le636e thread may help - found expert help there myself.

regards

:hiya:
care to share the link to the thread with the info on setting it up?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom