LED Strip Lights - Staircase Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by blicky_1, Feb 20, 2013.

1. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Hi all,

I'm looking at running some SMD LED strip lighting up the side of my staircase, all the 'tape' type from the usual places are just a strip with the LED's mounted on them that are fine if you can hide them but I want it covered as they will be on display (something like a rope light)

Anyone seen/advise anything??

Cheers all....

2. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,776
    There are some very nice extrusions available that hide the LED strip as well as plastic ducting to hold rope light dead straight. LED Step Profiles | Gradus - contract interior solutions This might work for you, but Google is your friend. It adds to the price, but the end result is worth it.

3. supraTTman

supraTTman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    If you can't recess or hide the LED strip then, as mentioned, there are quite a few aluminium extrusions around in which you can mount the LED strip (not rope lighting!) They are available with a diffuser cover which will 'dilute' the individual LED effect that you are talking about - see attached. It won't make them invisible but it will produce a more even glow a bit like a fluorescent tube.

This is an area that I am looking into as I have an ongoing stair-lighting project myself (on another thread) that I need to complete. Will keep you updated on any UK suppliers.

Attached Files:

4. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Thanks guys will look into the attached :smashin:

I had seen the enclosures but they seem pricey for what they are (in the UK anyway) i'm just after something like a SMD strip but enclosed inside something (but not a ropelight)

5. Quinten

Quinten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13