LED rgb strips and downlights

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by joshreade, Jun 16, 2015.

1. joshreade

joshreade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I will be moving house soon and am looking to install a false ceiling with a gap around the walls of the room, then place LED rgb strip lights along the outside of the false ceiling and rgb gu10's or similar for the main room lighting.

Ideally I would like a wall mounted control panel like so: RGB(W) Multi-Zone Wall Mounted LED Strip Controller [DX8], LED Lighthouse Ltd and would like to be able to control both the strip lighting and gu10's with the control panel. However from the diagrams I have seen online this does not seem possible. Are the control panels only for strip lights?

Does any one have any experience with this kind of set up or any ideas of how to achieve this.

The end result I am looking for is to be able to control the strip lights brightness and colour, and the gu10's brightness and colour separately from the control panel.

Thanks

Josh

2. Ferrari Joe

Ferrari Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Looking at it, it does seem it is only for strip lights. however if you got low volt rgb gu10's I don't see why you couldn't wire them in. I think its a buy one and workbench testing :)

3. supraTTman

supraTTman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
  4. joshreade

joshreade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your replies, I will sit down tomorrow after work and have a read through