Led or oled?

bezzy41

Novice Member
Reaction score
IM in the market for a new tv, but have no clue about them! A lot of people have said to go for led and other oled. Whats everyones opinions here? Im looking for a 55-60" screen

Im in the market too saving for an oled ive asked loads of questions read lots of reviews ive concluded oled tv is best for blacks viewing angles and motion and having looked at the tv sets on currys oled looks the best to my eyes tbh.

IM in the market for a new tv, but have no clue about them! A lot of people have said to go for led and other oled. Whats everyones opinions here? Im looking for a 55-60" screen
The one I am thinking in terms of is this Oled - LG 55EG910v which sells for just shy of £1300.It's not a 4K set but then I don't think it's worth going up to that resolution, and if you want to see it in the flesh before buying then Richer Sounds is probably your best bet

When I saw the 55E6v oled my jaw almost dropped to the floor watching it. That has never yet happened to me with a led. (I have a led at home which gets regular praise for how well it is set up). Oled reminds me of the strengths plasma had over led.

To me the jaw dropping thing about oled is the black background, which makes colours more natural and striking and the contrast which makes the picture seem as 3d as 2d can be.

I think their asking price is high but picture quality the best there is.

Remember that LED isn't a new technology, it's just the backlighting used with LCD TVs.

LEDs are just used behind a LCD screen to control brightness.

OLEDs are visible at the front of the screen, it's because you view every OLED pixel that's lit and coloured independently that makes OLED TVs so much better.

That said when it comes to HDR content the flagship LCDs are often favoured because they can get a lot brighter.

A good read is here:
OLED vs. LCD - FlatpanelsHD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom