LED not working in the kitchen!

mrbarty

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought one of those LED light sensor lamp thingies you plug into a 13amp socket to use as a night light. I had a feeble one in my kitchen which I found handy for 3am visits, and saw this doughnut shaped one online which has a pass through socket. It's just arrived and I plugged it into the MK cooker unit on the wall, covered the sensor with my finger and nothing. Didn't work. Tried it in another socket the other side of the kitchen. Nothing. Then tried the garage, and ta da, working. Then the hall, yes. Back to kitchen and nope, lifeless.

So why just the kitchen?? I've never had any problems with the sockets in there. The one on the cooker unit has been working fine forever with toasters, kettles and washing machines. Why does this LED lamp not work there when the old one does ? I can't see that this points to a faulty lamp because it works ok everywhere else but it's now making me wonder if it's pointing to something 'different' in the wiring of my kitchen sockets! All very weird if you ask me. Anyone out there with any ideas?

Maybe the ambient daylight in the kitchen is just too bright during the day? Try again tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom