• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LED lighting under a pelmet

Calzor Suzay

I have a pelmet that goes across the back of the house spanning about 5m, from this hangs curtains that go all the way to the floor.

Having googled and come back a gazillion different things what's generally the best way to stick LEDs up under the pelmet to light down the curtain, ideally it would run off a plug in the wall socket on a strip but are strip LEDs just going to light under the pelmet or further down, is it possible to change the brightness and possibly the colour via a switch that doesn't 'reset' when the wall socket is off as I'd like to control it remotely via the wall socket.

Thoughts? :)

supraTTman

Banned
LED strips have a very wide beam angle (120 degrees) so it should be possible to get decent 'curtain-fill' - see my lounge (Post#6) where the curtains are a few feet away and still get 'washed' with light.

You will need to try and recess the strip (e.g. behind a lip) so it is invisible when not in use. Most LED controllers will remember the settings (colour/brightness) upon power-up, these use an IR or RF remote control.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom