led lcd been pushed/pressure by my kid, what could happend to the display?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Desireek, Feb 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Desireek

Desireek
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have a question about lcd led displays and rough handling.

Its about a new samsung ue55f6505 i bought it for a weekend ago and yesterday my son at 2 years and 4 month suddently take the little Apple tv remote and push it into the screen and try to change chanal..

Im afraid is could damage the display inside? The manual says no pushing or something to the display.
    What could happend with the display in the future? I cannot see any damage now,
    Is it something i could check or do to find out that the tv is ok?

Now i don't think he would do it again, but its not easy with small children.

I wipe it with a clouth and i can only see one microscopic scratch that i have to use a sharp led light to see and its only vissible at one specific angle when the tv is turned off, reminding me of a little cleaning scratch if you know what i mean, so maby i made it by myself with the cloth or maby my son have made it..

Thank if someone use the time to answer me :)

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    If there's nothing obvious other than the tiny scratch you've got away with it and nothing should show up in the future.

3. Desireek

Desireek
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JayCee.
    Thanks for the replay, i have reed some place that if it get pressure or things pushed into the display then it could make damage and things could go wrong in the future with the display, but I'm think it sounds strange. The display have no mark or dark areas where the object hits the display so i would be supprised if it suddenly go wrong.
    One other thing i have see its that every corner on it have small dark area just in all corners when it shows full white screen.. Any idea what that is?
    Its about a size of an coke bottle cork or a bit smaller than that..

4. Desireek

Desireek
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again, i googled the words lcd pushed and i find another forum with notes from 2008 about a lcd tv with a kid who pushed it hard with the hand.

He got this replay that it not could happend things but he also got answers that it could have broken filters.
    This is the replay:

The pressure applied by the crazed 3 year old, may have warped the polarising filters on the front side of the liquid crystals, or loosened the flux capacitor suspended behind the 3 rgb filters, and this could mean trouble over time.

What do he mean with this? Is it the same with a lcd led samsung tv?

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    What you read suggests there was visible damage in that particular case.
    My answer still stands.

6. tazmago

tazmago

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,488
    Flux capacitor? :D Me thinks someone is taking the pee. They are only available as optional extras in DeLorean cars.

I agree with JayCee though, if you can't see any damage like darkened areas/spots now then there's no reason to think anything bad will happen in the future. Consider yourself very lucky :smashin:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  7. fluxo

fluxo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    It would be a good thing if more manufacturers used a protective front screen. I read so many reports of people having their sets ruined by their children.