LED Lamp and Fibaro Dimmer?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently got a couple of bedside lamps with dimmable LED bulbs. I'd like to add these in to our system but there's not much room for a plugin dimmer module so was wondering if I could use the Fibaro Dimmer modules?

I have these in our ceiling lights but not sure if I could use them with a lamp.

The lamps just have the normal two wire cable with an inline switch. I'm guessing I can just wire the module in between the plug and switch. I'm guessing I'll also need the bypass in there as well.

Why not just add a couple of Hue lightbulbs instead? Would be far easier.

Or Zwave bulbs if you didn’t want hue but yes the Fibaro dimmers would work fine as you suggest with bypass

The lamps have a very unique looking led bulb in them...the bulb IS the feature so not going to swap it out for anything else.

You could also use the cheaper Shelly Dimmer Wifi module if your hub supports Wifi or you dont mind just using their app or just Alexa/Google.

As you will neutral for the dimmer you shouldnt need their bypass

... or just buy some smart bulbs. They come in all flavours of Wifi (Lifx), Zigbee (Hue) and Zwave (Aeotec). Far easier than re-wiring your lights.

We just use Hue bulbs for bedside lights. I have an Echo Dot by my bed and the wife has a Hue stick-up switch.

... or just buy some smart bulbs. They come in all flavours of Wifi (Lifx), Zigbee (Hue) and Zwave (Aeotec). Far easier than re-wiring your lights.

I think the issue is that the lamps have specific LED bulbs with a distinct look, that they wont get with smart bulbs

Sorry I missed that. My bad. OP you may need to check then whether the bulbs are leading edge or trailing edge dimming and that the dimmers that you use are compatible. Trailing edge are normally best for LED bulbs

Cheers guys. I'll see if I can get more specs on the bulbs.

I think I'll go with the Fibaro dimmers as they're super reliable in the rest of my system. I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing anything obvious or about to do something daft :)

What hub/system do you have ?

I would however give the Shelly Dimmer a go at £20, i cant speak highly enough of them and i'm also usually a big advocate of Fibaro. The shelly dimmer only needs a 10W load as well compared to the Fibaro 30-50W

I use a Fibaro HC2

Ok, I have a virtual device for the Shelly Dimmer for HC2

1599572167285.png

HI I have been searching for shelly dimmer 2 virtual device for my HC2, is this something you can share?

Thanks

Kenny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom