• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LED Blueray Wiiu - how many cables?

LM34

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Complete newbie so please bare with me. I will soon be having our new TV (Panasonic TXL-42ET5B) put on the wall and the cables hidden within. I want to add an 'all in one' cineam system (Panasonic SC BTT590) & a Wii U at a later date and would like to know how many HDMi and component cables i need to set all this up prior to the TV going on the wall?

When my handyman comes round to put up the TV i want to all the necessary cables on hand.

I've had a good search trying to get some type of understanding but have come away with a headache. Any help very much appreciated :thumbsup:

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid it's too chilly here to comply with your request.
The TV needs its power cable, an HDMI cable for the sound system, and an aerial cable if you want terrestrial TV on it.
The sound system is expensive but it has only two HDMI input connections for external devices so that's restrictive.
If you have more than two devices with HDMI Out you'll need HDMI cables for them to the TV.
Component cables don't come into it as the system doesn't take those.
HTH but feel free to ask for any further details.

Last edited:

LM34

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply logiciel. So it's just the two HDMI cables needed then? One for the Blueray and one for the wii both straight to the TV? anything else i would possibly need? I may add a virgin box at a later date but that would be it.

logiciel

That's OK, and no, there's just the one HDMI cable now, from sound system for its BR output to the TV.
You'll connect the games and cable machines to the SS by HDMI, and their video will then use that same cable to TV.
Only if there was a chance of you adding more HDMI devices would a second cable to the TV be needed.
So, it's back to power cable, one HDMI cable, and aerial cable if you want that - nothing more is needed.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom