• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Led 50" TV 3d for hd dvds

Oyd5p

Novice Member
Hi everyone I'm knew to this forum and would appreciate any advice going. I've just bought my first home and I have a budget of £800 for a tv ideally around 50" with 3d if possible mainly I watch blue rays. Hope this is enough info.

And thanks in advance for any help :)

troopa85

Standard Member
I would take a look at the Sony 50w829 it should cost around 800. It is a 2014 model with awesome picture quality, deep blacks and low input lag. It has active 3d and may not be the best 3d tv around (but it's still fine for 3d) but it probably has the best 2d picture quality you can get for the money.

I don't know how much you value 3d, but if that's very important to you I would probably look at a tv with passive 3d. Something like the lg 860w/790W, these TVs are also great overall but don't have deep blacks of a TV like the w829 which leads to a lower contrast and maybe abit less immersive 2d experience especially in lowlight.

reviews of the sony:

Sony 50W829 Full HD LED TV Review | AVForums
Sony KDL-50W829 review | TV Reviews
Sony KDL-50W829B review from the experts at whathifi.com

reviews of the LG w860/790W (They are the exact same except for design of the stand and the 860w has a camera)

LG 47LA860W Review | Expert Reviews
LG 55LA860W review from the experts at whathifi.com
LG LA860 (47LA860W) 3D LED LCD TV Review | AVForums

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Panasonic 50ST60 plasma IF you can find one

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom