LED 4K tv for PlayStation

Richie856

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So in the space of a couple of days I’ve taken possession of, and sold, a 75” tv because my wife wasn’t keen!
I’m now going to buy a 50” 4K that will only be used for my PS4 and PS5 when I get one.
Is there anything to look out for or will they all be fine for my intended use?
I’m looking at Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Sony.

Thanks

Have a look here

The Sony 55xh9005 is a popular gaming choice (or the 49” but it’s relatively expensive)

I should’ve said that I’m limited to a 50” and my budget is around £650.

I had looked at Samsung QE50Q60T, QE50Q65T and UE50TU8500
and Panasonic TX-50HX85B, 50HX600B and HX820B

I’ve been using a 42” Panasonic plasma for years.

Thanks

Check the guide?

I should’ve said that I’m limited to a 50” and my budget is around £650.

I had looked at Samsung QE50Q60T, QE50Q65T and UE50TU8500
and Panasonic TX-50HX85B, 50HX600B and HX820B

I’ve been using a 42” Panasonic plasma for years.

Thanks
Might be able to get the Sony 49xh9505 on refurb site

Last edited:
Sadly the XH90 isn't available smaller than 55. If you aren't going to use HDR the XH85/XH91 series in the guide is fine, if you come to the conclusion you want to use a VA panel.

I definitely wouldn't recommend spending more money on the models you last listed. Be careful, if you are buying a TV with low end specs such as those, you are best spending less rather than more. A common mistake people make when shopping is falling for TV marketting, assuming because a TV is more expensive that it performs better. Instead, up the budget for a mid or higher TV or go for a cheaper low tier TV in the guide and save the money.

The Q60T and Q65T models by Samsung are a prime example, terrible value compared to the TU7000/TU7100. They, like the Panasonic models you listed are in the section to avoid. Even the TU8500 is a waste of money unless there's some specific feature you want on this model compared to the cheaper models.

Last edited:
Stay with your current tv and save a little more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom