lecson pro

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmack, Jul 29, 2002.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just bought a lecson 1000
    to go with my tosh plasma
    i have it connected through component video
    how do i know if it is progressive scanning my dvd`s
    i cant tell any differance form the r1 to r2 disks
    thanks

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I had the Lecson 1000 for a while, I took it back as it had a progressive playback fault, I got streaks off bright colours with it connected to my Panasonic AE100 projector, a good test is with the credits at the beginning of a film, is the text sharp, in progressive it bleads but with normal interlaced it looked sharper, it may have had a fix by now, but its worth checking.

To check if its playing back in progressive I am sure you had to change to progressive in the picture menu. I could be wrong, if so try emailing chic, he like many others had this player, but quite a few took it back because of the fault.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Just remembered, there are two sets of compopnant out sockets on the back of the player, make sure you have connected your leads to the ones marked progressive, the others are for normal interlaced playback.
    The colour coding is wrong also so you will have to swap the leads about until you get a correct colour image.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.