Lecson DVD1000 - Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dolph, Feb 17, 2003.

1. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Raeding these forums I get the impression that PAL progressive scan is quite rare - so when I went into Debenhams at the weekend I saw the above player with Prog Scan (not qualified).

Should I assume that this is NTSC prog scan only or would this be PAL prog scan?

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Can I just apologise for my spelling/typing!!!

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Search on here, it was discussed upon it's release.

Mike.

4. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AndrewDolphin, it is advertised as having both NTSC/PAL progressive scan. What HiFi gave it five stars....

I ended up having 4 or 5 (I have lost track now) and returned every single one of them as the progressive scan output didn't work. At the last one, the chaps in Milton Keynes finally took my advice to hook it up to one of their Sony Plasma screens. Besides the point that they put the component outputs in the Composite and Lef/Right audio inputs :clap: and then corrected it...They couldn't get it too work either....

Unless you are patient and want to try their whole stock I would avoid it. But Debehams has got a good money back guarantee.

Richer Sounds is selling the Limit 9900SE now for £149, that may be a better choice if you are after a budget progressive scan player.