1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lecson 1000 with toshiba mt-7

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ROne, Feb 26, 2002.

1. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well unless I've got a faulty player I am having no luck with the prog output. I get PAL prog for a few seconds then it loses synch and picture breaks up - almost as if macrovision is messing with the signal.

I can't get any 480p signal from the deck, projector won't lock at all. Its worth noting that I've had an ISCAN and denon2800 with the projector and they worked okay in PROG.

Must say though to me PROG looks pretty lousy - I guess it depends on how good your de-interlacer is inside your projector, not a big improvement for me. Looks like video not film - titles and high contrast edges flare outsite of their borders. Contrast seems good though.

Going back to the HCPC is like a huge jump, not just the little offered here from i to P.

Will perciviere though and won't write ofg LECSON just yet, after all it was £180, even though I've been with an assortment of dodgy £180 players ....:rolleyes:

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Rone

I have also noticed this with my Lecson and Panasonic AE100, it seems to show up wprse on the credits of films, but last night I was watching Starship Troopers r2, Riko was in the Army night club on some station, there was astrong white light behind his face and this seemed to tear into his face making the edge of his cheek look white.

Same again here, the projector will play ntsc as 625p, when I force the player to output ntsc the PJ locks on and shows 525p in the PJ menu, but I have no image.
    Maybe this player has been designed as pal progressive only.

It use's the NDSP chip, the NV 220.

3. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    That fits with what's happening here but I wil add this.

It should be (as indicated in the manual) NTSC only progressive. So the fact that is supports PAL is odd, contrary to both the manual and licensing issues.

Secondly, I actually wonder whether the machine needs a firmware update (as do a lot of these cheap machines).

Also there shouldn't be any distinction on with the NSTC/PAL switch as component progressive is irrespective of either. So changing that shouldn't make any difference.

Will carry on playing tonight.