1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lecson 1000 - Prog Scan Does It Work For Anyone?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dejongj, Aug 12, 2002.

?
  1. Yes it works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it does not work

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a lot of negative posts regarding the Lecson 1000 player and its progressive scan capabilities. Realising human behaviour which dictates that most people only shout when something is wrong, I was wondering whether there is anyone who got this player to work at all with progressive scan.

Oh and by work I mean in a correct way, i.e. the picture quality should be better than sVideo and not worse or smeared....

I appreciate it when previous Lecson 1000 owners could answer as well. I like to take up this issue with Debenhams and pending on their reaction report them to the DTI for advertising under false pretence.

2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I think this is pretty conclusive. No one has come forward who got progressive scan to work on this player.

It will be returned this evening. I will wait for the Philips 963SA to try it out when it arrives or alternative I will have to bite the bullet and spend some cash on the excellent Arcam FMJ DVD player.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Why not go for the 962SA from Hivizone. Works an absolute treat (stunning) and NTSC AND PAL PS straight out the box. Be careful with the 963 as no one seems to know what the feature list will look like yet.

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    seconded :cool: ;) :D