Question Lebara uses the Vodafone network so why do this happen?

darrow

Standard Member
I have a dual Sim android phone with a Labara sim and a Vodafone sim installed. The signal strength from each sim varies a lot. Sometimes I have a strong signal on one sim and almost none on the other. Labara uses the Vodafone network so why would it be different?

They may be on the same network but priority is given to Voda.
The same happens with other providers.

darrow

Standard Member
I did a few checks and notice that Vodafone connects using GSM, Labara LTE. Also Labara connects to a different mast! Not what I was expecting.

Dave X

I did a few checks and notice that Vodafone connects using GSM, Labara LTE. Also Labara connects to a different mast! Not what I was expecting.

Im not sure what you're using to come to that conclusion, but GSM is used to denote 2G, so it's highly doubtful that Vodafone is only connecting via that (it's really only fit for voice and sms).

LTE is 4G and is the most likely connection these days in urban areas, the other is WCDMA which is 3G.

LTE runs on a number of frequencies, it's possible that Lebara doesn't have access to all the frequencies that Vodafone use.

darrow

Standard Member
I used the Network Cell Info app. It reports vodafone:GSM, lebara:LTE.
BTW, sometimes best signal is on Lebara.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom