leaving Virgin for Sky

ian wheele

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all , hope everyone had a good Christmas.
After almost 14 years of being Virgin media, we have just decided to make the switch to Sky.We had been talking about it for about 6 months or so ,mainly due to the VM price (XL tv V+ no sport or movies, 10mb internet, med phone, £60 month on average). had a big issue with the V+ box as well. Sometimes after switching back on in the mornings,having taken the usual decade to boot up, the picture from the box would flicker up an down on the screen until it was re booted.Bit of a mission really.Anyhoo, on one occasion, got hold of VM, who agreed to come and sort out the problem.So booked a day off work, and waited in for the usual "between 8 and 5 " visit. No one showed, so phoned them at six pm only to be told they had cancelled the engineer visit because the fault had been fixed remotely.Needless to say, it hadn't, and the box still occasionally does the same thing now.Crap eh ?
Anyway,when the Sky rep knocked the other day,we were about ready for it and signed up to the entertainment extra package, up to 18 mb internet, freetime phone (free evenings and weekends ),free HD+ box and install for £37.25 pm . Does this sound reasonable to the members here who know more about Sky than I do ?
I was also told I could keep my old Virgin email address (ntlworld.com).Does this sound plausible ? Don't sound it to me, but I'd like to be pleasantly suprised !
If You've got this far, thanks for looking, and a happy new year to all.
Regards............Ian.

Sounds about right.

Ent. extra £25pm
Line rental £12.25
Freetime calls £0
BB Everyday Lite £0 (but only carries a 2GB usage allowance)

Your old virgin email address should remain active.

Last edited:
Hi , thanks for reply, glad about the email address. Wouldn't want to have to change the addresses on all my internet doings, there's dozens of em !

thanks again, regards....Ian

I take it that is without the HD subscription? If so it makes sense.
You will get the free HD channels (I believe), for the encrypted HD channels (Sky1 HD, FX HD etc.) you need to pay the HD subscription.

Check the broadband speed sky will give before leaving virgin,I don't know anyone on sky who can get decent broadband with sky.I would leave virgin tomorrow if i could get 10mb here but sky is 3mb.

Check the broadband speed sky will give before leaving virgin,I don't know anyone on sky who can get decent broadband with sky.I would leave virgin tomorrow if i could get 10mb here but sky is 3mb.

20Mb here with Sky. For £7.50 too! Virgin would charge me twice that!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom