Leaving TalkTalk now who??

ukf@ce

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm leaving TalkTalk so looking for a new BB provider. Got BT for the phone but not there BB as doesnt seem the best around. Especially @ £24.99 for 12 months :eek:
BT did a line test & said i could get upto 20meg but actual was 7? don't quite understand that.
Was looking @ O2 standard or premium package as i'm an o2 customer so was thinking that they might be best for BB. Can anyone suggest anything better as not sure what the list belows means. I'm 995m from exchange if that helps.

Been to sam knows & the following services are available:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
Virgin Media (Cable)

Any advice greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

you can get o2/be llu which means you will get decent speed and download as much as you want

if you only getting 7meg on talktalk that means your on adsl equpiment

o2/be llu have adsl2+ that can send you more speed

or you could go for 50meg virgin

Last edited:
Thanks for the info accyuklad. Just found out from a friend that i could gets mates rate with virgin, so can get new samsung virgin box, BB & phone for half price of the full package.
Going to look down this avenue, as at the moment paying £76.50 for sky hd, BB & phone from TalkTalk, but dont know if you get limited for downloading with virgin, so will have to make a few calls first. Will let you know how i get on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that,
well spoke to friend of a friend at virgin & basically said i wanted new samsung v+ box, top package for tv & same for BB & phone. He said i'd get the mates rate for as long as he stays at virgin.
So lets see how good there service is & how much it'll cost, as haven't had virgin/cable for last 10 years!!

Will let you know how i get on.

well if he didnt last at virgin you might want to find out the actual price as you dont want to be paying a big lot out your pocket

well if he didnt last at virgin you might want to find out the actual price as you dont want to be paying a big lot out your pocket

It's my friends brother inlaw, he's worked for virgin for years, so can't see him leaving anytime soon. Especially in this current climate with jobs few & far between.
Its surely got to be cheaper than what i'm paying at the moment, but will wait & see what mates rates are when they call me.

Well got a call from virgin media & getting installed week today. I got 50meg BB, full tv package including sports & movies, new V+ box for room & a normal 1 for bedroom on same package + XL on phone & installed for free. :thumbsup:
Its cheaper than what i was paying before for sky & talktalk!!
Lets see how good they are when it gets installed, will report back & let you know the good or bad news.

Well got installed today & everything seems ok so far, can't complain about speeds, just hope they stay like this. :thumbsup:

I got the D-link router, some funky looking modem & the nice bloke from virgin gave me two D-link wireless N adapters, one for laptop & other for HTPC. Bonus!!

Got the new samsung v+ box in room & a normal samsung in bedroom. Looks like it will take a while to get use to the planner & remotes as been with sky so long, but am quite sure will get the hang of it soon enough. Think it might be easier once i get the harmony one programmed.

Conclusion: Glad i left talktalk & sky & just hope they don't apply TM to the 50MBB, as the engineer said there bringing out 100 & 200MBB. :eek:

Well been getting used to virgin+ & the epg over the last few days & everythings ok. Bit easier since configured harmony one, :thumbsup: it's just trying to remember where all the channels are now.

The ff is better than sky's as it doesn't decide to jump halfway through the program which sky did all the time :nono: & the V+ box is alot quieter aswell.

As for the BB can't complain, it's a vast improvement compared to what i had before. The only slight annoyance is the wireless on the router. I had an old BT voyager & the wireless reception was faultless, i could get a signal on my iphone no matter where i was in the house. But with the D-link router i can't get a signal upstairs at all.

I've got the D-link on it's side & the 2 aerials pointing up & it's in the same place where the old one was so i can't see that been a problem. What i have noticed though is if i walk towards the router with my phone the signal goes to full, but soon as i walk from the room to upstairs it drops the connection. Does anyone have a idea why this is? or have i a duff router.

The only other thing i've got to get my head round now is newsgroups so i can utilize the full potential of the BB. But haven't got a clue where to start as been using torrents. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. :smashin:

on the top packages, not internet related but check out the video on demand stuff on the tv, it's awesome :thumbsup:

it's a shame they have gone with D-Link routers now, our very old motorola surfboard modem is still going, best modem i've ever seen, 8 years on and it can still handle everything VM throw at it, it's rubbish at routing though :D

Well been getting used to virgin+ & the epg over the last few days & everythings ok. Bit easier since configured harmony one, :thumbsup: it's just trying to remember where all the channels are now.

The ff is better than sky's as it doesn't decide to jump halfway through the program which sky did all the time :nono: & the V+ box is alot quieter aswell.

As for the BB can't complain, it's a vast improvement compared to what i had before. The only slight annoyance is the wireless on the router. I had an old BT voyager & the wireless reception was faultless, i could get a signal on my iphone no matter where i was in the house. But with the D-link router i can't get a signal upstairs at all.

I've got the D-link on it's side & the 2 aerials pointing up & it's in the same place where the old one was so i can't see that been a problem. What i have noticed though is if i walk towards the router with my phone the signal goes to full, but soon as i walk from the room to upstairs it drops the connection. Does anyone have a idea why this is? or have i a duff router.

The only other thing i've got to get my head round now is newsgroups so i can utilize the full potential of the BB. But haven't got a clue where to start as been using torrents. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. :smashin:

download and run inssidder.Neighbours might be on same wireless channel.That will tell you.If thats the case change channels

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom