Leaving Sky... Latest process ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by topgazza, Jul 22, 2018.

1. topgazza

topgazza
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,583
    In September I am cancelling my Sky package. I only have the Family one but fed up, totally, with repeat after repeat after...... well you get the idea.

Not forgetting the endless and incredibly tiring sponsor/trailer/ads treadmill.

Monitoring what I watch its mainly BBC and other FTA channels and although I record the odd Sky program casual watching is near impossible with all the breaks. So its going. Not interested in any deal in any shape or form. Before I look at Freesat or Freeview boxes I will use the Sky box to watch and revert to Catch Up channels, Netflix and Prime for everything else.

So, when I tell Sky not to renew and to stop all services do I just ask for the Sky card to be used as FTA only and that gets done automatically ?

or is there anything else I need to ask please ?

2. topgazza

topgazza
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,583
    In September I am cancelling my Sky package. I only have the Family one but fed up, totally, with repeat after repeat after...... well you get the idea.

Not forgetting the endless and incredibly tiring sponsor/trailer/ads treadmill.

Monitoring what I watch its mainly BBC and other FTA channels and although I record the odd Sky program casual watching is near impossible with all the breaks. So its going. Not interested in any deal in any shape or form. Before I look at Freesat or Freeview boxes I will use the Sky box to watch and revert to Catch Up channels, Netflix and Prime for everything else.

So, when I tell Sky not to renew and to stop all services do I just ask for the Sky cards to be used as FTA only and that gets done automatically ?

Or is there anything else I need to ask please ?

3. casjen

casjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I see what you mean by repeats :)

4. TJT1

TJT1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,141
    Jeez. All these repeats are gawd awful boring aren't they. You get the idea. I think I'll give up internet forums.:rotfl:

5. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    You just cancel, the card automatically becomes a FreesatFromSky card to enable the viewing of a handful of FTV channels - (Free To View = free but encrypted hence the card). FTA channels are not encrypted hence need no card at all.

6. topgazza

topgazza
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,583
    Thanks guys...

Delicious irony of my duplicated post.... I wish I'd meant it:facepalm:

7. topgazza

topgazza
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,583
    So the deed has been done with little fuss as I made it clear it was the sponsor, channel strap, ads, trailers.... more trailers, sponsor, channel strap every 10 minutes that has tipped me over and not the price or the mouldy carrot of half price football for six months kind situation. I do expect a retention call before 11th September but no chance. So I will be trying the FTA on teh Sky box and then decide if I want to go Freeview Play or Freesat box... I also have Netflix and Firestick of course so well covered....

8. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm jumping soon too. Basically paying £46.50 a month for 4k Formula 1. Getting cancelled.

9. topgazza

topgazza
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,583
    Ive lost count of how many times I've stopped watching a program once the ads, trailers, sponsors kick in. The number of channels that are pure and utter trash is quite shocking when you analyse it. Migrating F1 to pay was also one of the final nails for me.