Leaving Sky Broadband For Now

I got my contract up very soon, I know NOW are basically Sky & operate in Ireland, should I take their better offer or go with Sky for another 18 months for £4 more, of course the NOW offer is better for a 12 month contract. I know sometimes people who work for ISP's can offer sometimes friends/family offers but that's been a bit quiet of late.

Opinions welcome if anyone has done this, I'm more curious to know if there have been problems i.e C/S call outs etc , I'm in London & I don't think there will be many issues if I went for NOW as its just probably my account etc that will change over in terms the work on the Line, minimal & a new router etc.

I’m too looking at cancelling Sky Superfast fibre as my price has jumped to £28 pcm.

The Now fibre offer at the min for superfast and free calls £20 pcm for 12 months looks a great offer especially with a bit of Quidco lobbed in at £72.

I’m under impression Now is just rebranded Sky, the router is the same and everything else but cheaper.

Plenty of people on other forums saying they’ve moved from Sky to Now, no problems, same if not better speeds and customer service good.

I’ll be pulling trigger on it tonight when home from work and porting over to Now

I went through cashback actually the week before BF and hoping it comes good think it was £92.

I got the router and go live in a few days. Self install, easy enough. I think they'll be happy to offer the same deal in 12 months to keep the business.

😂😂
So just to let you know that today was my Live date, I got the broadband router etc from Now a week ago and they said you can set it up anytime today........

But did I set anything up?? No, it's because everything is the same, I did nothing, the Sky router is still in and even the passwords are the same, I just had to do a few things on settings in terms of privacy, malware etc as you don't get Sky Shield.

Now that was too easy 😅

😂😂
So just to let you know that today was my Live date, I got the broadband router etc from Now a week ago and they said you can set it up anytime today........

But did I set anything up?? No, it's because everything is the same, I did nothing, the Sky router is still in and even the passwords are the same, I just had to do a few things on settings in terms of privacy, malware etc as you don't get Sky Shield.

Now that was too easy 😅
I’m sure Sky will be sending out the box to send the Sky Q router back from what I’m told.

I turned my restrictions off on the Now website as never bothered with Sky Shield in the past

What’s the performance like compared to Sky

I’m sure Sky will be sending out the box to send the Sky Q router back from what I’m told.

I turned my restrictions off on the Now website as never bothered with Sky Shield in the past

What’s the performance like compared to Sky

I just had the bog standard router, no Sky Q Box.

NOW do offer support over the phone, unless it's changed

xavster

I just moved from Sky to Now. First day it went live I didn’t change the router over - everything worked still. But the big change was that my Wi-Fi speeds went from 30mbps to 48mbps. Which was a surprise. Eventually changed the router and renamed the network and password to the same as my old Sky one and speed went up to over 50! So Sky were basically throttling me, despite my having asked a few times if I was still on their fastest connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom