• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Leaving cable... what are my options?

MIDIEVIL

Standard Member
Now, I know this question has probably been asked many times before (daily?), but I think my situation may be different.

For years, I never owned a TV license. I didn't watch TV. I owned a TV and PS3, and watched DVD and Blu Rays, but I never subscribed to Sky or Virgin or BT or anything...

Since I bought my own house with my partner, we've been subscribing to Virgin Media, on a basic TV package, and medium internet (30mb) and a phone line.

I want to break free. We don't need any movies, or sports, or anything like that... the only channel we (my missus) requires is Sky Living, for shows like Bones, Criminal Minds, Arrow and Revenge.

We're debating about whether to go YouView, Freeview HD or Freesat HD, and get internet alone from one of the ISP.

What are your combinations? What do you recommend we do? I don't actually know where to begin to look...

Thanks in advance to all who help out

iaint

Hi.
I'm afraid if you want Sky Living, it seems you'll need to go with Sky or stay with Virgin Media. The Freeview and Freesat websites list the channels on the respective services.
Also seems to be available on TalkTalk's YouView service.
Criminal minds seems to be available on BT Vision, but not the other programs.
--
Regards, Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom