Leather sofa cleaning help.

$lim$hady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have had leather sofas from DFS for about a 6 month and was enquiring about cleaning products, so I rang DFS seeking advice for cleaning products, there told me to come to the store and buy the cleaning kit for £22.

I than went to DFS store and one of the sales guy told me to use “damp cloth, this will do the job!, don’t bother with the £22 kit……”

For those who have leather sofas, how do you clean them? Is it shocking the sales guy said what he did?

Thanks

$$

i use baby wipes from time to time and they do the trick ..... it's the same principle cleaning baby's skin as a cow's I suppose .... :thumbsup:

I got a big scratch on my car leather,

so searched on ebay and found a restore kit and it worked a treat can't even see the scratch now.....

I would advice a look on ebay should be able to pick something up something for a few quid. It's especially hand for stuff like this....

baby wipes are handy

wife uses them to remove makeup

I asked the same question on another forum, the reply was baby wipes from a guy that makes suites, baby wipes have conditioners in them similar to the conditioners in leather care products at 1/100th of the price

Fully agree with using baby wipes. They worked a treat on my leather suite.

baby wipes are handy

wife uses them to remove makeup

I asked the same question on another forum, the reply was baby wipes from a guy that makes suites, baby wipes have conditioners in them similar to the conditioners in leather care products at 1/100th of the price

Fully agree with using baby wipes. They worked a treat on my leather suite.

Looks like the idea of baby wipes is the winner!!

na, i didnt get a cleaning kit!!! Dam...

Any way i think i will give baby wipes a go..

how ofter do you clean them?

how ofter do you clean them?

I've had a tan leather sofa for almost 3 yrs now and only used the cleaning kit twice. I do wipe it down with a damp cloth about once a month though. Think I'll try the baby wipes as well from now on.

When we got our suite, we were told water and soap flakes - basically don't use anything you wouldn't use on your own skin

I always used a soft cloth with Persil colour in warm water to clean our suite, then Sheraton's leather shine spray - now I just use baby wipes, they're great :thumbsup: Buy one get one free from Wilkinsons !!

Edit: saying that though - I have just bought a leather spray off fleebay with leather essence in it to finish off - it's really good as it makes the sofa smell like new when you walk into the lounge !

I tend to use the Gliptone liquid leather cleaner and the conditioner. It has that leather smell to it, which lasts a few days and if done right, the leather has a nice matt finish to it. http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/index.php?cPath=26_34

I've heard of a lot of people using baby wipes, which I will have to try out. I've also heard in the past to just use a towel and hot water or a chamois and hot water.

Didn't you get a cleaning kit with the sofa from DFS? They gave me 2!!!:eek :thumbsup:

Same here - kit that you are supposed to use twice a year

Not sure what it does for scratches though - may try hunt something down on ebay

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom