1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning X10 IR

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by LoPro, Aug 26, 2004.

1. LoPro

LoPro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi and greetings from Norway (the land of the midnight sun (Timer controlled lighting gone bad..)).

To the matter at hand:

Why, oh why, can't my recently purchased Philips SBC RU 885 (with IR and 433.92Mhz RF) learn the IR from my MK19A MouseRemote ??

I have setup my MouseRemote to transmit X10 by IR, and the idea was to learn these into my RU885 and then setup that device on the RU885 to send the signal as RF and control my X10 equipment (I have european X10 modules which also works on 433.92Mhz RF (TM13)).

Didn't this seem like a good idea ? :) But I only get "Learn Error" when trying to learn the MouseRemote X10 IR signals (also in fact when learning ordinary A/V IR signals from this remote..).

The RU885 is an excellent remote in all other respects, macro-on-any-key, Home Cinema mode, timed backlighting with movement sensor, etc.

What is wrong ? Isn't is possible for this remote to learn the X10 IR signals ? Or is the MouseRemote particularly difficult to learn from? Or should I just try in another way ? Which ? And shouldn't it work to send these as RF afterwards ?

Anyone .. ?

Link to manual: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sbcru885_00/sbcru885_00_dfu_por.pdf