Learning to "play"

sbowler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Learning to play the guitar, a self-portrait. Notice the perplexed look on my face.:D

Shot at f27 not easy to keep everything still except my hand, hence not the sharpest of images.

2470772463_4e1f138aaa_o.jpg

Excellent idea, but as you say the focus on the upper part of the body is off with the movement of the body.

Surprisingly enough it would have only taken a slight movement of the fingers only on the strings to create the look of movement, rather than strumming, which would have helped to keep the body still.

Might be worth having another go and sticking it the not valid thread.

All the same i loved the idea of the shot:clap:

Thanks for the comments Bodoman, yes your right, should have been a bit mre patient and experimented with the aperture a bit more. I think the exposure time was a bit too long.

A tricky shot to perfect, especially when you have to keep getting up to chimp the LCD! :D

Compositionally, I like the way you have framed it with the arms of the chair. Although I think I would have left the sock out of frame!
It's a shame the shutter speed wasn't a bit faster as already mentioned, it's really just a case of trial and error to see what works though.

This is a great idea. It is a shame that you used such a long exposure time as your head is not quite still. It might have worked better if your head was moving more so that it would match the blurring of your hands. But bang on theme mate.

sbowler
Exif is missing from your entry and I can't locate it on your flickr, can you email me the original to validate your entry or link to a version that has exif intact.

Cheers

Nice idea, and definitely "Play". As other have said though, shame there is movement on the head, and too much blur on the hand.

Ian.

sbowler
Exif is missing from your entry and I can't locate it on your flickr, can you email me the original to validate your entry or link to a version that has exif intact.

Cheers

bumper.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom