1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning Remotes and Digital Cable boxes.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Mark M, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Mark M

Mark M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the Philips E-Pilot remote will work with the Pace NTL digital cable box model DI4001N ?

I currently have a Cable and Wireless digital cable box model D1000T and this definately doesn't work.

NTL have said that the DI4001N will work with learning remotes but that cable and wireless customers can't change to the new boxes until some time in the future.

The letsautomate website says that the Philips Pronto will work with the DI4001N, does anyone know if the Philips E-Pilot does as well? or of any other remote I can use.

Please Help !

2. Bobby

Bobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK there is no learning remote on the market that will accept codes from either NTL or Telewest's digital set top boxes. Pace when they made them where asked to use incredibly stupid frequencies for them for whatever reason unbeknown to the average man on the street [​IMG]

3. Bobby

Bobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually read this a bit quick last night [​IMG] I know all existing boxes won't work but maybe this new D1000T will...

/mental note. Go to bed earlier

4. Ken

Ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2