Learning remote that is compatible with imon?

poggs

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an extensive home setup with is perfectly controlled by the MX500 remote that I'ce had about 4 years. Except for the latest addition a Home theatre PC based around a silverstone LC16m

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc16m.htm

case which is equiped with a imon display and remote/receiver. The Mx500 just cant seem to learn from this remote (or the kiss dvd player upstairs) so I've discovered that imon uses some funny protocol called short Ir, whatever that is!

Anyway, I need a new remote and the site search seems to show that this question is a new one. So what remote control should I buy to replace my trusty mx500 that will definately work with imon?

thanks

hornydragon said:
see if the harmony supports your devices harmony can download and use codes that it cant learn but they are put into the online database by Harmony

Thanks for the idea, but you cant check if harmony supports it until you install the harmony software, which you cant get until you buy the harmony, it would seem!

Is there a list somewhere as to what the harmony supports (There isnt on Logitech's site)

I have a Harmony 885 and have looked and found Soundgraph Imon listed under Media PCs in the database. Any extra commands can be learnt if required.

Try the testdrive as that allows you to setup part of the functions.

Sorry for the late comment to this one!

I have got the MX500 working with an iMon Inside but it wasn't easy. The MX500 can send what the iMon needs but it can't learn it. I used the IRClone system to put the codes straight into the MX500. I generated the on/off times myself from the iMon Ir spec and the codes taken from the iMon LIRC files.

Even so, the iMon is very unforgiving regards sending speed. You can only be 0.7% slow or 21.% fast, so I had to use slightly different rates for my selection of MX500s.

Mail me for details - ian at foxhill dot co dot uk
But it's no use without the IRClone

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom