Learning remote for £20-30?

BigAde

I've got to get a learning remote capable of controlling 5+ devices as a present for someone, but only want to spend £20-30.
I know Richer Sounds do the All For One Topline 8 for £30, but are there others out there, or is that about it at that price level?

Anyone got any ideas?

BigAde

For anyone interested, I've finally found one. It's a Philex Wizard 8 - conrols up to 8 devices and is learnable. Cost is £24 so quite a bargain methinks. Gets good reviews too....
http://www.beststuff.co.uk/philex_wizard.htm

Was looking at the ubiquitous One For All remotes, but only the more expensive (i.e. £70 upwards) ones are fully learnable.

ditton15

Standard Member
This seems to be a cheapie way into this mystery. I'm on the AV power/processor upgrade, so may get a learning remote bundled in, so this is early recon. But how have you got on?

What have you linked to? What problems? What joys?

Ditton

BigAde

Well as I said I bought it for a pressie for someone, so I haven't even seen it myself - got it delivered straight to his place. He seems to be very happy with it and says he hasn't had any problems at all. It has now replaced all 6 of his existing remotes without a problem. He has apparently tried some of the pre-programmed remotes in the past, and not had much success with them, so a fully learnable one was just what he was after.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom