1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning capabilities of RX-V1500 remote?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by doctorjuggles, May 7, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've just taken delivery today of my first receiver, the Yamaha RX-V1500, and it's a real thing of beauty.
    I was wondering, though, about the adequacy of the supplied remote as an all-round universal remote for the rest of my equipment. How would it compare to, say, a Harmony 655? I was thinking about buying a universal remote, but if this one can match or at least get near to the highly recommended Harmony, well I might use this instead.

Anyone have any experience to share?

2. Damnyoureyes

Damnyoureyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got mine working my Panasonic plasma, video recorder and freeviewbox with no worries you can type in the codes if you have them for your equipment or just get it to learn the keycode buttons you can also set up macros etc but it's doing ok for me so far.

I've not got sky to try it with but the freeview box works ok so i think it's great. My only bug bear is that eventhough the buttons light up in the dark the labels can't be seen. Doesn't take too long to get thelayout though.

3. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would get the sony rmav3100 universal to control all your gear. awesome remote and looks the goods too :)

regards,

julie

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I used the 1400 remote to cut my rmeotes from 5 to 1 with no problems and with my linit it wwas simple using the learning mode on the remote. Saved me a fortune not having to buy a universal remote :D

5. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cool, thanks for the info guys. I'll give it a try.