1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learing sky+remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Stereo Steve, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am putting a skylink in my bedroom to control the sky+ box downstairs. The problem is, I can't get the Sky+ remote to operate my TV (Aiwa). Have tried all the codes. So, is there a way to make it work or can I buy a cheap, learning remote that I can fire the TV remote into that is also convenient for use with Sky+ (has guide, cursors, play, record etc. buttons).

Any suggestions around £20-30?

2. epwc

epwc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a One For All 6, better range than the original as well

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case you're interested, the Sky remote is hackable. Once it has been modified it can be programmed using JP1.

There are two versions of the Sky remote floating around, one which is easy to hack and one which is a little harder. If you look in the battery compartment, there's an opening below where the batteries go. If you can see the PCB and there are 6 small holes in it, you have the easy version, if you just see black plastic you have the harder version.

For the easy version, all you have to do is solder in an EEPROM chip and a 6-pin connector.

For the harder version you need to add a small piece of perf board and solder the EEPROM and 6-pin to the board, then connect the baord to the main PCB with some fine wires. I recently did this mod for a friend of mine so I know what to do. I haven't written up the instructions yet, but I can help anyone who wants to try it. I have pictures.

4. bobgriffiths

bobgriffiths

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried these codes 533, 038, 039, 064