Leak Stereo 130 Integrated Amplifier and CDT CD Transport Review & Comments

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Aren't these an Audiolab 6000A and 6000CDT in a different frock with some added frills ? Sounds like the VAG formula applied to Hifi - same chassis different bodies (Audi, Seat, VW, Skoda etc.)

gibbsy

Good review Ed. I'm not to fussed on the retro look but I can see the appeal if the units are on show. One thing, I've been called many things in my life but a 'subset'.............:)

Adam72

Nice review, a quick question. If using Bluetooth do you need the aerial up if you haven't got the wood version of the amp. Also it would look great with my TT, do you guys think it could drive a pair of Neat SX2 speakers.

Thanks.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Aren't these an Audiolab 6000A
No- the product it's derived from is stated in the review.

and 6000CDT in a different frock with some added frills ?
Yes. The added frill being playback from a USB device which the CDT can't do.

Nice review, a quick question. If using Bluetooth do you need the aerial up if you haven't got the wood version of the amp. Also it would look great with my TT, do you guys think it could drive a pair of Neat SX2 speakers.
I didn't test the 'nude' version but, yes, it looks like the aerial needs to be up on that. It'll drive the Neats so long as you aren't after stadium filling volumes.

Steve Stifler

Nice review again @Ed Selley .

This takes me back to my first encounter with Hi Fi. A family member had the Stereo 30 and matching Throughline FM tuner. I loved the blue? illumination of the tuner display and the two blue bars that moved closer together to show how well tuned in it was to the station. They had been lovingly fitted vertically inside the shell of a very nice radiogram bit of furniture. To access, the unit had a central lift up lid.

Along with a pair of Leak loudspeakers, and I think it was a Thorens deck with SME arm, this was kept in the ‘best’ lounge. I wasn’t allowed near it. I seem to recall copies of HiFi News in the house from around the early 70s. In the mid 80s, the entire set up was gifted to a care home. How I wish I’d got my hands on it!! Bummer 😕

Adam72

No- the product it's derived from is stated in the review.

Yes. The added frill being playback from a USB device which the CDT can't do.

I didn't test the 'nude' version but, yes, it looks like the aerial needs to be up on that. It'll drive the Neats so long as you aren't after stadium filling volumes.
Thanks for replying.

Paul7777x

IAG are seemingly flinging stuff out at a fine rate.

Not a bad thing at all; the more choice the better.

Without the coffin dodger timber effect they look quite enticing, not obviously from any design period. With the timber boxes though... well, better buried.

keithwiggins

Galaxy

We threw ours away when we moved five years ago, they had been in the loft for about 20 years

Be worth a fortune now......:D

dannnielll

dannnielll

Good review Ed. I'm not to fussed on the retro look but I can see the appeal if the units are on show. One thing, I've been called many things in my life but a 'subset'.............:)
Subset is mild!!.

PlantPot56

Standard Member
What is the benefit of including two digital outs? For making digital rips of your vinyl? Twice?

Someone made a conscious decision to make that addition to the Vena II circuit board, but I'm struggling to understand why. Can anyone explain?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom