League of Extraordinary Gentleme 2 Disc set

Status
Not open for further replies.
£7 with staff discount ;)

ad

Originally posted by John Pickles
Yes, but I'm referring to in store High St prices, not online prices.

Yes, but most people on here will find it easier to order online especially if its £3-4 cheaper

is league..... any good? the trailers look quite good n i'm into that kind of stuff but is the story any good? lol, coming from me who watches the fight scenes with surround sound right up in his bed room 24/7. the trailer dosent tell you much i dont think.

It has been slated in every review I've seen; I still want to see it just because it looks like something I'd like.

LXG 2-disc £14.87 in Asda. Still not cheap enough to tempt me to buy it though. As mentioned earlier I haven't seen one good or even mediocre review of this film.

Its not the type of film that u need to have your brain switched on....
......I would not buy the film but rent it out which is what i did.....the film itself is not brilliant but i have seen a lot worse.
Good sound & picture on the dvd......storyline and production lets it down though....but lets not turn this into a review....at the end of the day...all films are down to personal taste!!

If you even vaguely have a passing interest in the comics (like, if one page flew by in a gust of wind once last year and you saw just a single panel) you'd think it's a gutless, nonsensical travesty.

It makes From Hell look like a masterpiece, and that sucked wet farts from various dead primates.

Avoid, unless it's in a bargain bin for £1.99 and you're curious about the extras (which are supposed to merely adequate).

I'd prefer it if the second disc came with an hour-long apology (direct to camera) from Sir Sean of Connery and Steve ("I directed Blade, you know, and a Rutger hauer film once") Norrington.

Shambolic and stoopid. Alan Moore must only sell the rights to these things because he needs a green vest made of dollar bills.

Regards,
Anephric.

Don't hold your feelings back Anephric :D

and what...pray...is wrong with From Hell?

I really liked it.

getting a little off thread here...sorry

I wouldn't even buy LXG if it was 99p in a bargain bin and I needed a replacement Amray case for another disc. I'd just be ashamed. It's truly, truly dreadful. Not even fun in a brainless way. The only worse film I've seen this year is House of the Dead

So nobody but GrahamC really liked this then :D

Originally posted by cjdshaw
I wouldn't even buy LXG if it was 99p in a bargain bin and I needed a replacement Amray case for another disc. I'd just be ashamed. It's truly, truly dreadful. Not even fun in a brainless way. The only worse film I've seen this year is House of the Dead

And I had such high hopes!!!!

My mate's obsessed with the game of this and he soooooo wants to see the film.

"Dogs of the AMS: time they made a move!!!"
Heh heh heh! Heh heh heh!

By the by, From Hell (the movie) is a cliched, wimped-out gutting of a complex, labyrinthine treatise on the nature of evil and violence towards women told (primarily) from the Ripper's point of view: why bother to make a film of this when all you're going to do is make a worse version of Murder by Decree and (god forbid) the Jack the Ripper tv series with Sir Micklewhite? And try to turn it into a pants whodunnit?

Again, I intone -- stoopid! And Johnny Depp's accent (and i normally like the Deppster) Objection, your honour!!

regards,
anephric

Rented and watched LXG last night and............it 'sucked like an electrolux'. Worst film I've had the displeasure to see all year and I'm not a comic fan/purist...........absoulute drivel. It takes a lot for me to switch a movie off halfway through but I came VERY, VERY, close last night....I'm talking fingers hovering over the RC button.......oooh so close.......If I got this for Xmas I'd strike the sender off my Xmas card list for eternity, even if it was my own Mother............................:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom