League Cup 2020/21

Absolute master class from Klopp

City ease past Bournemouth with goals from two academy players. Guardiola does things differently.

His legs probably feel about 50 tho :D

Looks like a missed a goal fest. Was 0-2 when I left the house to play footy....2-7 when I got home !!

I don't like the blue camouflage kit, although my youngest does which probably says a lot about where the shirt designers are aiming their creations at !

Good to see Shaq back and scoring !

Looks like the Beeb made a boob and I'll have to guess who Manchester City play next...

Fourth-round draw

Manchester City or Bournemouth

Brentford v Fulham

Everton v West Ham

Bristol City or Aston Villa

Leyton Orient or Tottenham v Chelsea

Newport v Newcastle

Brighton v Manchester United

Liverpool v Arsenal

Play Arsenal twice next week, could become our new bogey team!

Hopefully the LC game is as good as last seasons, that was crazy.

Now we are all interested in the league cup ....

I think in the current clime where the likes of you and I are starved of watching our teams in the stadiums, people perhaps will watch more streamed football than ever before.

We've been given a bye so will now face Chelsea on Tuesday 29th September

Then it's a joke competition this year. As the FA Cup may well end up being too.

If things get worse I can't seen footballers being isolated from it. Are they just going to start dishing out byes if required for cup ties? How many teams might lose out? Lower league sides are already struggling enough without losing big cup games as well.

Totally agree with this, as I highlighted similar sentiment above somewhere -

"Speaking to Sky Sports News before the EFL's decision, Travis said forfeiting the game would be "a demonstration that doing the right thing doesn't work."

He added: "Can you imagine the outrage if say in the fourth round, Spurs vs Chelsea... one of those teams were impacted in the same way and the game didn't take place?

"Can you imagine the outrage that you'd hear on Sky Sports and on the radio stations? This clearly is not a good policy. Leyton Orient have followed all the guidelines and have done the right things.

"It is an incentive for people not to test, and that will only create a worse situation in the football world and in the UK at large."

There is a growing feeling among some Premier League clubs that cup competitions involving teams outside the Premier League and the Championship are a risk because of the lack of testing in those divisions."

As a result imagine if one of the PL teams tested positive just before a European game. What the hell are they gonna do then?

We've been given a bye so will now face Chelsea on Tuesday 29th September
Good outcome for Spurs but less so for Leyton who miss out on tv money. I did predict Harry would be rested for the early Europa rounds, only to see him play. Just as well then this is one less match!
I think in the current clime where the likes of you and I are starved of watching our teams in the stadiums, people perhaps will watch more streamed football than ever before.
I concur. The equivalent of the league cup has been scrapped in other countries though, such as France, so who knows actually how long the league cup will last

The back to back to back holders and only winners of the Carabao Cup overlooked again for coverage on Sky Sports.

Rather show the club who holds the most League Cups mate, does make sense.:)
Haha brilliant. One win in the last twenty years or so !! And dismissing it suddenly now interested - love it !!!

3 wins in the last 20 years in the League Cup.

And L'pool v Arsenal is a much more attractive game for Sky to show.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom