League Cup 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs have too much quality to be stuck in this rut much longer.Still comfortably the 3rd best team in the country for me.

So comfortably they finished 4th a few month ago.

So what? We are champions of Europe but only 2nd best in our own country

I think it tells you a lot that people are calling for Poch’s head just a few games after being in the champions league final. Amazing, truly amazing.

He's the best manager we've had in years. The lack of investment when we needed it the most has caught up with us in a big way & he's a little lost at the moment I think, he's tinkering with his XI way too much for a start.

We've also not played good football consistently for the past year at least, with one or two exceptions. For me, our best 90 mins was Everton away in December and other than that we've been hit and miss and pretty fortunate.

Pochettino should have time given what he's done under Levy but whether he gets that from Levy is another matter entirely, he'll pick up on some of the fan unrest I'm sure and he doesn't mess about when it comes to getting rid of managers. I just hope he doesn't get an itchy trigger finger.

I totally respect your views

He's the best manager we've had in years. The lack of investment when we needed it the most has caught up with us in a big way & he's a little lost at the moment I think, he's tinkering with his XI way too much for a start.

We've also not played good football consistently for the past year at least, with one or two exceptions. For me, our best 90 mins was Everton away in December and other than that we've been hit and miss and pretty fortunate.

Pochettino should have time given what he's done under Levy but whether he gets that from Levy is another matter entirely, he'll pick up on some of the fan unrest I'm sure and he doesn't mess about when it comes to getting rid of managers. I just hope he doesn't get an itchy trigger finger.

It's got to have an impact on Poch knowing that he would probably walk into Utd / Real / Barca, and that at least one of the three are likely going to be available in the next 9 months or so.

It's got to have an impact on Poch knowing that he would probably walk into Utd / Real / Barca, and that at least one of the three are likely going to be available in the next 9 months or so.

He's not alone in thinking that either, clear to see a few players think that about him and also about themselves. Of course, it never does any favours when you publicly speak out about such things but these things happen.

Angelino, Foden, Harwood-Bellis and Garcia all start for the reigning back to back holders
Have Man City ever won the League Cup in there history .. Anyone?

Only 6 times

Just 6.

Pfft...

Glory hunter

Yep and I’ve seen four of them live and in the flesh. Not a bad return.
Of the top of my head you won it 76 beating Newcastle .. a Dennis Tueart overhead kick i recall so the other 5 must be recent. All i have to recall is defeats and never getting in place to win anything but again in person.

Yep and I’ve seen four of them live and in the flesh. Not a bad return.

Still only 6 though ;)

Seriously must be nice to get to so many games though. I used to when I was younger, but I can't anymore. Cost and life severely restricts me now.

Been impressed with our young lads tonight. Despite the weakened side, should still have enough to get the job done in 90 minutes hopefully.

Great Goalkeeping there by Mk Dons gifts Liverpool a goal.

How many of Liverpool's starting 11 tonight were alive when Liverpool last won the league? I count two.

Pogba needs to be finishing those in his sleep. fudgeing ridiculous.

Lallana is finished, looks a very long road back for Chamberlain and 50 million Keita has stunk the place out. He is likely going to prove one of the few Klopp transfer flops i think.

Lallana is finished, looks a very long road back for Chamberlain and 50 million Keita has stunk the place out. He is likely going to prove one of the few Klopp transfer flops i think.
Keita has been stop start this season, hardly match fit first game back. Before his injury last season he was looking great so bit premature to write him off, he is still very young.

Rusty concentrate on your own team ( if you can call it that) your 0-0 HT at home against Rochdale.

Keita has been stop start this season, hardly match fit first game back. Before his injury last season he was looking great so bit premature to write him off, he is still very young.
When was he looking great last season? He was so poor that a couple of 6/10 performances were lauded as superb.name me these great games .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom