League Cup 17/18

2 lucky goals for Arsenal tonight, both setup by deflections

You know what Chelsea need right now? Peter fudgeing Crouch! [emoji23]

Chelsea stronger first half and arsenal stronger second
Chelsea completely lacked threat second half. Hazard too tired to lead the front. When Willian went off injured it changed our game.
Over the two halves think Arsenal were better so cannot complain even if both goals were fortunate.

So if Pep wins the League cup will that then be regarded as his first major trophy with City....as it wasn’t regarded as such when Mourinho won it last year?

So if Pep wins the League cup will that then be regarded as his first major trophy with City....as it wasn’t regarded as such when Mourinho won it last year?
The League Cup was regarded as such. It was the charity shield that wasn’t.

Mourinho held three fingers up to indicate the trophies he had won in his first season, so I think that’s where it started.

Also, headlines about Ibra “one goal, one trophy” didn’t help.

League Cup final ticket prices.

I usually buy the 3rd most expensive tickets which are at the front of the top tier.

For me and my brother plus our two 12 year olds .....

A total of £252 please sir.

Oh my god.

Category 1 tickets are £100 for adults, £50 for kids.

Unbelievable.

League Cup final tickets purchased and another lovely day out at Wembley ahead.

Really have to pinch myself as years ago I would have done anything to get to a wembley final. Nowadays, my boy is spoilt rotten as he's 12 and this will be his 9th trip to Wembley.

Won 5 (Stoke (FA cup final), Sunderland (league cup final), Liverpool (League cup final), United (semi final), Chelsea (semi final)
Lost 3 (Wigan FA Cup final, Arsenal fa semi final and Arsenal charity shield)

Let's see what happens this time .................

Let's hope Pep can still put a team out by the end of the month.
Yeah me too mate, I've read the chats on the other thread and can see both sides.

@rustybin - the under 23s had played the night before and I believe had stayed at the Etihad campus and were doing a recovery session in the morning. For those reasons, he didn't want to take a player away from that and sit on the bench.

He didn't ask me though and I was available!

Missing Stones, Delph, Mendy, Silva, Sane and Jesus is a lot of injuries at once but hopefully Silva and Stones will recover quickly - the others are at least 4/5 weeks off and won't make the final.

@rustybin - the under 23s had played the night before and I believe had stayed at the Etihad campus and were doing a recovery session in the morning. For those reasons, he didn't want to take a player away from that and sit on the bench.

Yep. That's exactly what Pep said and that's exactly what I posted in the other thread. It was your new besty who was claiming Pep had no choice in the matter and attacked Sir Gary for pulling Pep up on it :)

Yep. That's exactly what Pep said and that's exactly what I posted in the other thread. It was your new besty who was claiming Pep had no choice in the matter and attacked Sir Gary for pulling Pep up on it :)
Lol. Gary did make a bit of a meal of it to be fair. The bench already had three academy players on there but hey ho, not a huge deal.

I'm old enough to remember the days of one sub!

League Cup final tickets purchased and another lovely day out at Wembley ahead.

Really have to pinch myself as years ago I would have done anything to get to a wembley final. Nowadays, my boy is spoilt rotten as he's 12 and this will be his 9th trip to Wembley.

Won 5 (Stoke (FA cup final), Sunderland (league cup final), Liverpool (League cup final), United (semi final), Chelsea (semi final)
Lost 3 (Wigan FA Cup final, Arsenal fa semi final and Arsenal charity shield)

Let's see what happens this time .................
You forgot the loss to united in charity shield.

You forgot the loss to united in charity shield.
He's on about the games his sons attended, I'm guessing they didn't attend that as that would mean the upcoming final would be the tenth visit and not the 9th

Final tickets purchased - looking forward to next Sunday.

Arsenal haven’t got a game this weekend due to the FA Cup and no champions league in the week either. City have been to Basel before a trip to Wigan on Monday night.

Come on you blue boys!

Off down to shandy drinking country let’s hope we bring back the first silverware of the year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom