Chelsea v Nottingham Forest

West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers

Crystal Palace v Huddersfield Town

Tottenham Hotspur v Barnsley/Derby County

Bournemouth v Brighton and Hove Albion

Nice easy draw for the holders :rolleyes:

City away ... United at home.

Standard.

He's right you know - I thought the draw wasn't until at least 10am.
image.gif

It's all Beijing's fault

EFL Cup third-round draw will take place in Beijing at 04:15 BST on Thursday

And as I seem to have adopted Huddersfield Town as my PL team this year, I see they're off to Crystal Palace for a repeat of the opening day PL win.

Can't wait until City get Brentford and Liverpool get Bolton in the next round. I'll be sure to make sure I point out the conspiracy. [emoji23]

Conspiracy, what about Barnsley & Derby? they've got to play each other and then on the same evening get down to London to play us :D

Looks like we'll be playing our 3rd round game the same week as the 4th round ties at this rate.

Can't wait until City get Brentford and Liverpool get Bolton in the next round. I'll be sure to make sure I point out the conspiracy. [emoji23]
You're expecting Liverpool to get to the next round [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji14]

EFL Cup: 274 changes across 19 ties - has the competition been 'devalued'?

There were 274 changes made by teams across 19 matches in Tuesday's second round EFL Cup ties - a trend described as "devaluing" the competition. Six teams changed their entire starting XI from their preceding league match, including Premier League side Brighton. Leicester's win at Sheffield United attracted 11,280 fans in a stadium with a capacity of 32,702.

I'm not sure what could be done to redress it. Most of us will remember the competition in the eighties and nineties, when it was taken seriously. Twenty years on and with focus on domestic league and European adventures, would scrapping this competition make sense?

EFL Cup: 274 changes across 19 ties - has the competition been 'devalued'?

I'm not sure what could be done to redress it. Most of us will remember the competition in the eighties and nineties, when it was taken seriously. Twenty years on and with focus on domestic league and European adventures, would scrapping this competition make sense?

Same question comes up every year, with the following happening.

- Those clubs knocked out early doors fielding an under strength team, supporters will say "its a worthless cup"

- Clubs getting to the quarter and semi-finals, supporters will now take it a bit more seriously.

- Whoever gets to the final, supporters will be well up for it.

- Whoever wins, supporters will be whooping it up and shoving the trophy in the faces of other supporters teams who have not won anything (even though it started out as worthless)

And repeat next season:) (starting with the charity shield)

Boring then, like Arsenal's title challenge.

Nope, not boring at all :)

For me, it is a cup and it should be treated as such. Maybe what they should do with some of these domestic competitions, is to put restrictions in. maybe only 4 non-British Players, or 5 outfield players must be under 22. I think that would bring something back to them for the spectators.

As all that happens now, is the larger clubs play the yoof players in the first rounds and then when it gets to semi-final stages or so, the big guns come in and the yoof go back to kicking a ball against a garage door somewhere.

Danny Ings back tonight, on the bench. And Markovic.....

Coutinho starts, surely Sturridge should be in the squad?

For me a proper look at Grujic then, only seen him as end minutes sub whereas in preseason he scores blinders unless I've confused him with someone else

:eek: What a lineup and bench, if we win they'll big up Klopp, if we lose he will be slated especially when Firmino and Sturridge are not even on the bench. Good to see Ings on the bench, hopefully he will get a few minutes.

Oxlade-Chamberlain should have scored then with his left......

It's abit crap we haven't scored after all this possession

Robertson crosses are right on the money
If we had someone like Aguero or Aubameyang in there it would make so much difference to our attack.

Looks like Oxlade has a niggle, typical.

Also I fully expect them to score from their first opportunity, all this possession and nothing to show for it will bite us in the ass.

Goal here I reckon

Edit- nope!!!

Should have this wrapped up already. Leicester have been absolutely gash.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom