Leaf Blower/Shredder - Recommendations ?

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife has decided "we" need a Leaf Blower/Shredder.
This means it'll be me ending up doing it after the novelty has worn off :rolleyes:

Ideally needs to be something able to cope with toughish hedge trimmings as well as the usual leaves etc.
Are they up to this ?

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions please :)

what you need to do is leave your garden until it gets messy and the hedges are getting over grown then the retired bloke next door will offer to do it all for you 'cus he's sick of the mess. That's what I do anyway. :smashin:

Thats's just wrong :D
I got a B@Q own brand. Does the job nicely

I got a B&Q brand one the other week and its not bad at all for the price

It has a 7:1 mulching ratio and is quite decent at blowing and sucking. A section of the garden is grasses with slatey stones around them and the sucker is strong enough to either blow all the leaves to a corner or suck all theleaves up but leaving the stones there

It depends on what you are after as to if a more expensive model is better

I had a Black & Decker blower a few years ago which worked OK, but the bag was a bitch to get on and off. I eventually picked up a stone with it that whizzed round the impeller and smashed a hole in the side of the casing, narrowly missing my nuts. It went in the bin and I haven't had one since.

Dave

On the B&Q one there is a zip on the bottom to let all the mulched leaves and stuff out

i tend to use a lawn mower to crush and collect most leaves and smaller twigs etc then a petrol blower to blow the rest into a pile and mow over that .Works a treat

i tend to use a lawn mower to crush and collect most leaves and smaller twigs .......t

Same here for the lawn area, but around the side of the house and the drive get loads of leaves.
Must admit that I've "mowed" the front drive before now to suck up the leaves :D

Just been to B+Q and got a Flymo 3000W one with their weekend 10% off deal.
Not as powerful as I'd imagined but ok and the wife thinks it's fine - so sorted now :smashin:

I had the Black & Decker Turbo model. I never really thought it was any good..... Saying that the blower function was quite good, but the vacuum functions pretty average.

The blowers not much use unless you want to fall out with your neighbours.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom