Leaf 40 - Software Update won't Download

nheather

Distinguished Member
Does anyone here have a Nissan Leaf and experiencing problems with updating the firmware.

My wife's car was bought new in November 2020.

For the last couple of month (maybe more because that is when I noticed it) we have been seeing the following.

When I start up the car and drive off within a minute I get a message saying that a software update has been cancelled and informing me that if I want to restart it I must stop with the handbrake on.

If I start but don't drive off I get a message saying that a software update is available and asking whether I want to download it. There are two buttons, 'Accept' and 'Later' but the 'Accept' button is always greyed out and cannot be selected. If I select 'Later' or ignore it and drive off I get the 'update has been cancelled message'.

There seems to be many people experiencing this, been discussing over at SpeakEV and frustratingly some who have had the long running problem have suddenly managed to install but can't describe what they have done that was any different.

So wondering if any here have seen the problem and more importantly know how to 'fix' it.

Delh68

No consolation to you, but I had a successful update - but that was from being on the previous software that has worked successfully for everyone.
Have you gone into the menu and tried a ‘manual’ software update, to see if you are given a choice? - no idea if it will, just an idea.
Good luck

nheather

Distinguished Member
No consolation to you, but I had a successful update - but that was from being on the previous software that has worked successfully for everyone.
Have you gone into the menu and tried a ‘manual’ software update, to see if you are given a choice? - no idea if it will, just an idea.
Good luck
The only way to do a manual update is to go into the ’secret’ administration menu. But that option requires the software on a USB stick and Nissan don’t make that available to the public.

Delh68

The only way to do a manual update is to go into the ’secret’ administration menu. But that option requires the software on a USB stick and Nissan don’t make that available to the public.
Really, i hadn’t been offered the update, & I’m ‘pretty sure’ I went through the standard menu & selected ’update software’ & as if by magic the update was offered to me! (Unless by some freak of timing, they offered the download automatically at the exact same time?!). I don’t think I dreamt it 🙄

nheather

Distinguished Member
Really, i hadn’t been offered the update, & I’m ‘pretty sure’ I went through the standard menu & selected ’update software’ & as if by magic the update was offered to me! (Unless by some freak of timing, they offered the download automatically at the exact same time?!). I don’t think I dreamt it 🙄
Actually what should happen, and I suspect happened for you as most are not experiencing problems is this.

The new update downloads. When you are stopped with the parking brake on you will be asked if you want to perform the update. You will then see the ‘Accept’ button greyed out and a scroll bar which you scroll down to see some T&Cs to agree. If you agree the ‘Accept’ button is enabled and all works fine.

But many are experiencing, with a certain version of the software, is that there is no scroll bar, so no way of accepting the T&Cs, so no way of proceeding with the update.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom