• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T

guido

Established Member
Just finished installing the Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T DVB-T card in my Media Centre PC and all seems good so far! :smashin:

Bought from eBuyer for only £36 inc. VAT - Bargain if you ask me! Comes with own software and remote so don't actually need MCE.

Very easy to install with my HTPC running with MCE2005 Rollup2. Ignored instructions to cancel hardware found wizard and run own install from CD as I didn't want to install all the software that came with it. So just copied XP Drivers directory onto PC, then let the New Hardware Found wizard run, but limited search for drivers to directory copied onto PC. Popped up new Hardware Found about 4 times for encoder, tuner, crossbar and something else can't remember! and that was it. Installed!

Then went to Setup TV, and quickly set up no problems. First scan picked up 65 channels (from Crystal Palace Tx).. took about 3 minutes. Haven't downloaded guide as currently not on the internet.

TV picture seems fine, but hard to tell as just watching on old 15" CRT as still waiting for new graphics card to arrive with S-Video out... so still using intel 62865G built in graphics. Until get new graphics card and hook up to TV won't be able to do comparison with existing freeview set-top box. Changes channel almost instantly.

Tried a quick record and seems pretty good too. Will let you know how the guide works when on HTPC connected to the internet.

Also plugged in Microsoft MCE Remote control for first time tonight. Works a treat too - recommended - £22 from eBuyer.

All in all for £36 seems great value for money.

jn743

Standard Member
I Just got one of these and everything seems ok on either it's own software or MCE 2005 except that the Remote that comes with does not seem to work.

I have in pluged in the back of the card - and the batteries are all ok - any suggestions? Might I be missing something?

guido

Established Member
Never tried the remote that came with it... used a Microsoft MCE Remote which works fine with Media Centre. Can't try the Leadtek remote now, as my Media Centre PC has been dismantled to donate as new PC for my girlfriends sister so the card is back in its box :rolleyes:

balders

Established Member
From what I remember, the remote isn't MCE 2005 compatible, and can only be used through the bundled TV applications.

Balders.

jn743

Standard Member
My problem is that the remote won't work with the WinFast TV application either.

I have contacted the support at ledtek and they are making an effort to help me but their english is very poor and progress is very slow.

Still - had worse support.

cdldt

Banned
With a lot of TV cards, the remote connector is very close to the edge of the back-plate, which can prevent the connector from pushing in all the way (it's worse on some cases as their cut-outs are narrower). Are you sure that the IR receiver's plug is connected fully?

Gaunfurabeer

Standard Member
My problem is that the remote won't work with the WinFast TV application either.

I have contacted the support at ledtek and they are making an effort to help me but their english is very poor and progress is very slow.

Me too - my reply to a query about the remote not working and a "Winfast Wizard error" was:-

"Dear Sir,

Good day!

We suggest you change another PCI slot and create pure OS to try again
please.

Best Regards

Leadtek Service"​

I tried moving the card to another PCI slot? and removed and reinstalled software several times still no joy- and still waiting to hear back from leadtek tech support.

:lease: can anyone out there help

jn743

Standard Member
I solved mine - I press down really hrard on the remote button out of frustrations and it burst in to life !!

I find that if you are not using it for a while you need to push the buttons quite hard until it 'warms up'.

I have no real understanding of why this is but it does seem to do the trick.

Gaunfurabeer

Standard Member
Cheers for that jn743

I think my problems a bit more serious than that though.
Whenever I booted up the machine I got a "Winfast Wizard" error message even though I hadn't started the winfast application. Then the Fri 13th gremlins got me and PC refused to boot - not even a P.O.S.T. beep. Both PC and DTV card are under warranty so back to the shop they went. The tech guy there said he should have it ready for Monday. Will post again with result

thanks anyway

jn743

Standard Member
Cheers for that jn743

I think my problems a bit more serious than that though.
Whenever I booted up the machine I got a "Winfast Wizard" error message even though I hadn't started the winfast application. Then the Fri 13th gremlins got me and PC refused to boot - not even a P.O.S.T. beep. Both PC and DTV card are under warranty so back to the shop they went. The tech guy there said he should have it ready for Monday. Will post again with result

thanks anyway

eek - sounds bad - the only issue I have at the moment is with recording. some programs just do not record!

also, any other process, no matter how small, makes recordings stall a little

guido

Established Member
Now runnnig Vista Ultimate (full release not RC).. and just to let you know that the Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T works fine with Vista.

Two of the 4 Devices that the card presents to Windows were picked up during install of Vista, the other two I manually installed drivers for. Couldn't see drivers on Leadtel web page, so emailed Leadtek and got reply the next day. This is the link the to the Vista drivers: http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Leadtek.htm I used the proper WHQL Drivers and works fine.

Attachments

• Devices.jpg
    Devices.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 195
  • MediaCenter1.jpg
    MediaCenter1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 129

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom