1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leading Edge / leconcepts.com for DVD Players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasbyuk, Jan 22, 2002.

1. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i'm after a DVD player. Someone on this forum told me that a site called leconcepts.com does AV equipment cheap, and lo and behold, it does!
    The store is called 'Leading Edge', or 'The Edge' I think.

I only have one question.

Has anyone else used their internet service and been satisfied? I just dont feel comfortable about ordering it then something goes wrong. Something like they lose my details of payment, or run out of stock and still charge me, or send it to me after its been knocked about (I had this problem with my 28lb Marantz reviever. And that was a bitch to carry back to another town to replace it).

Please can someone tell me if you have used them and got what you wanted when you wanted it?

Thanks everybody!

-J

P.S. The site is at http://www.leconcepts.com

2. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have used them and bought Speakers from them. I never had any problem. Customer Service is good as well.

Cheers

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be wary if I were you.

They sell products such as the Yamaha DSP-AX620 in other colours - such as silver - and as far I'm aware this product is not available in the uk in this colour - black only -

Imports maybe ????? Who knows ????

I don't know where you would stand if a product such as this went wrong as Yamaha uk would be reluctant to fix it.

I'm sure not all of there products are like this though.

4. Bobthewatcher

Bobthewatcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a Pioneer 737 between Xmas & New Year. After a week of waiting I mailed them asking for an expected delivery Date. No reply so I mailed again, still no reply. On Wednesday 16 Jan I mailed them for a third time, saying that I would cancel my order unless they could give me a guaranteed delivery date. Still no reply. On Sunday 20 I sent my fourth mail cancelling my order, also posted a letter on the Monday to the MD, complaining that their customer service is the worst I have ever encounter when ordering goods over the internet, as of today still no reply to any of my emails, or the letter I sent.

Yes their prices are cheep, but there's more to life that just cheap prices.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, so they don't read their emails.

BUT they DO answer the telephone.

the website also states the pioneer 737 model is on a 1st come 1st served basis - so 'phone them to make sure they have one.

apart from their lack of response to emails, i have had no problem with their customer service.

6. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I have bought 2 DVD players in the past from Leading Edge Concepts http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd_home.htm On both occasions i checked out the model i wanted on their website then i searched the net for a lower price.Their prices are already low but They promise to beat any on-line price,and sure enough they did.I placed my order by telephone and it was delivered by courier the following day.My first player had a fault with the pins on the scart socket so i phoned them and they arranged a pick up by courier the following day.My player was delivered back to me the next day.This is excellent service and i will continue to use them for any future DVD purchases.

7. Bobthewatcher

Bobthewatcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have a point, however does that not defeat the object of having a web site / email facilities. I use the net because I tend to do my surfing late in the evening when most companies phone lines are not staffed.

I accept that any company can fail to reply to an occasional email, but 4, come on that's just bad business practice, and understandably leaves you wondering just what type of company your are dealing with. As it is this company as lost a sale of £ 400.00, and that's definitely no way to run a business.

As for the comment over 'First Come First Serve' that was not on the web site at the time I placed my order, just that they were due in first week in January, though again it's still no reason for not replying. To end, if they had replied, even if it was just to say they were still awaiting delivery, I would have kept my order with them, as it is I have no confidence in a company that would not/could not reply to at least one of my emails.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no, i agree, if there is an email address, then u should expect a response.
    but after sending 2 in quick succession, and not hearing anything, i phoned, and they were extremely helpful.
    i've dealt with internet websites b4 that seem to ignore their emails.
    bottom line is, with leconcepts, place your order by the website if u wish, but speak to them over the phone.
    i placed an order with them a while ago for the fated sony dvpns900; with the rgb output problem (though this had been resolved and they are now waiting for new stock) and the unreliability of sony sacd transports, i decided to change my order to something else. spotted on monday they had pioneer 737's, phoned to change my order, they said they'd be sent on wednesday to arrive thursday, thursday by 12 noon it was connected to my tv and processor.
    so to answer jasbyuk, yes, order from them - but use the phone.