1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leading edge concepts and there price matching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SILVERBACK, Sep 14, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i have emailed them 3 times about price matching a 2400rds at which digital direct can do it for £685 and they want nearly £850 and surprise surprise they NEVER respond to emails when they have been completely out priced.i have ordered a few dvd players of this company and never had a problem with any and they have always returned emails when i have had problems with them BUT when it comes to price matching they (in my experience) have never returned a email.anyone else actually got these to price match?

2. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    I would say - dont buy from them. If they can`t be bothered to price match go to digitaldirect

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i just dont like the way they advertise "cant be beaten" on there website and on this forum aswell as a few other places then you email them withc a price match and no response :mad: if you cant match then dont say you can.i rang them a few months ago about a sony dvd recorder rx3 which was £60 cheaper on another website and they said over the phone they COULDNT match it then when i forced my hand they kinda trailed off and gave me a load of bull :censored: excuses.

i do like to stick with companys i have used and have always had no problems with (had 4 dvd players of them) but there policy on price matching its a joke.

4. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought about getting one of these from LE Concepts - but ended up buying a Denon 3805 elsewhere.
    I really didn't want an amp with the silver/titanium finish and noticed that LE concepts advertise the 2400 in black. I sent an email to Yamaha asking why the black finish was hard to find and I got a quick response telling me that Yamaha UK never recieved any black units and neither did Yamaha in Germany or France. They told me that the black version was made only for the American market.

I just had a quick look on the SuperFi website as I recall they were selling the 2400 for about £650 - but they must have all gone now as its no longer on the site. The 1400 is there though at £550.

Anyhow, whats wrong with Digital Direct that makes you not want to buy from them at a price you'd pay some other retailer?

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    thanks for the inclusion of those prices mate i might have a look at the 1400rds.its not that i dont want to buy from digital direct it just that if i can get a better price from a company i have used and had no problems with even when i had to return a dvd player due to a courier problem,they have always been good to me so i would rather stick with the devil i know etc.im not willing to pay £200 over the top though to stick with the same company lol.

6. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I have purchased from LE Concepts in the past but have to say that, if they do not have the courtesy to reply to your emails, then they definitely do not deserve your business.

Cheers.