1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lead converter needed

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by andru, Mar 19, 2004.

1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am trying to connect my analogue camcorder to my digital one.Out of the panasonic digital i have a black plug into 3 leads (Red,White and Yellow).Out of the sony analogue i have the same type of black lead but going into a yellow and a black lead only.How do i connect the two together so that i can capture my old analogue video onto my new digital camera.I have spoken to the people in Keenes but they did not seem to be very helpfull.

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Red and white are the stereo audio channels. Yellow is the composite video feed (on you digital).

On the other camera is looks like you have composite video out and mono audio.

You can connect the yellow vid cables together using a phono extender.

You will need to get a phono mono -> phono stereo connector to hook up the mono feed from your analogue source to your stereo in to your digital.

Any halfway decent hifi shop will sell these. Try Richer sounds or Maplins.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On your Sony analogue camera andru does the single black lead have the single phono (RCA) plug the same as the yellow one (in which case go with cyberheater) and if you want Keene/Maplin product numbers I can give them to you.

Or is the single lead a jack plug (like on earphones) male or female, or is it a circular plug with a number of pins (similar to but NOT S-video)

4. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes it has a single black phono plug the same as the yellow one.Any chance you can let me know the maplins part number.I was on their site earlier but wasn't sure what i needed.

Thanks

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right then Maplins part numbers :-

You will need TWO of part number HH05F - one to join the two yellow plugs together and one to connect to the Sony black lead - and you will need ONE part number YW39N - the single end to connect to the adapted black lead and the two outlets to connect the red and white leads to your Panasonic