• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lead Beading on Windows

• Thread starter Deleted member 174041
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174041

I have upvc windows and was wondering if its possible to have that lead beading stuff put on. And if so how much it would cost. eg per window

John Simon

Prominent Member
I have upvc windows and was wondering if its possible to have that lead beading stuff put on. And if so how much it would cost. eg per window

I had lead beading on my old windows - nightmare to clean, best thing we did was getting upvc double glazing without. If you could get UPVC with the leaded on the inside then it may be different.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
I had lead beading on my old windows - nightmare to clean, best thing we did was getting upvc double glazing without. If you could get UPVC with the leaded on the inside then it may be different.

you cant have the lead in the airspace of the unit , you can however have the lead on the inside pane of the unit , ie inside the house , the inlaws have it like that , personally i think it looks stupid ................. :rotfl:

doopydug

Established Member
YUP - it looks godawful, gets worse with age and makes it impossible to clean your windows - why do people do it?

RichardK

Established Member
you cant have the lead in the airspace of the unit , you can however have the lead on the inside pane of the unit , ie inside the house , the inlaws have it like that , personally i think it looks stupid ................. :rotfl:

Actually you can have it in the airspace of the unit. Mine's got it on both sides of the outside pane.

Also, I don't find it causes problems with cleaning.

D

Deleted member 174041

Im not to bothered about it being hard to clean, thats what window cleaners are paid for, ive always liked the look of it. I wouldnt do it myself, id mess it up. Do you think places that sell windows may do it?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom